• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

This book is one photo cover that I always liked, and the interior art doesn't disappoint. I would have never even known about this book.... but years ago I was working at a gas station while pursuing my art career, and my boss became interested in comics from watching me sell them out of my trunk on occasion. He had a wide range of interests and was especially drawn to the photo covers.... especially the T.V. tie ins. After I had turned up a few dozen, he asked me if there were any with Ronald Reagan, so I did some research in the PhotoJournals and found that he was on two. I found him a copy of this one, and in the process, took a liking to it myself. There's a couple on eBay but it used to be VERY tough, pre-internet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FAWCETT%20MOVIE%20COMICS%20140002.jpg

That is a nice cover and I didn't realize Reagan was only on 2 covers.

I knew of Miss Beverly Hills #8 and thought there was a Dell version of Bedtime For Bonzo. A quick GCD search showed I was wrong though.

This book is one photo cover that I always liked, and the interior art doesn't disappoint. I would have never even known about this book.... but years ago I was working at a gas station while pursuing my art career, and my boss became interested in comics from watching me sell them out of my trunk on occasion. He had a wide range of interests and was especially drawn to the photo covers.... especially the T.V. tie ins. After I had turned up a few dozen, he asked me if there were any with Ronald Reagan, so I did some research in the PhotoJournals and found that he was on two. I found him a copy of this one, and in the process, took a liking to it myself. There's a couple on eBay but it used to be VERY tough, pre-internet. GOD BLESS...

FAWCETT%20MOVIE%20COMICS%20140002.jpg

That is a nice cover and I didn't realize Reagan was only on 2 covers.

I knew of Miss Beverly Hills #8 and thought there was a Dell version of Bedtime For Bonzo. A quick GCD search showed I was wrong though.

If he's on MBH 8, then I'm also wrong..... making a total of 3...... GOD BLESS....

Put some other Western Romance in a Romance thread. These are for the Western thread...

Thanks for the interior pics Boot.

What pedigree is the Golden West Love #1 from?

Sorry, dw, I should have been more clear...

:jokealert:

Put some other Western Romance in a Romance thread. These are for the Western thread...

Thanks for the interior pics Boot.

What pedigree is the Golden West Love #1 from?

Sorry, dw, I should have been more clear...

:jokealert:

lol Well, it could have been one that Chuck accidentally sat on while driving away from the Church residence.

Nice books Marty.

There can't be many comics where the star is tied to a tree in his long johns. lol

Or where a horse gets dialogue. Which ends up to be "Hmmm Ye Ye Ye". Intense!

Marty you sure picked up a lot of books back in the day!

lol When I first started reading Hi-Yo Silvers, I tried to pronounce every word in the "horse dialog" and thought it was the stupidest and most irritating thing I ever read.

After a few pages I started mentally replacing the "horse dialog" with real horse whinnies and neighs. I've enjoyed the books from then on, though I'd be embarrassed to read them out loud.

No words from horses. No words from cowboys. Just a moment in time, preserved. I went back and forth on this Campbell cover. Did I like it? Did I not like it? But, in the end, it was always...compelling.

MonteHale87fc_zpsznnq0ghq.jpg

Put me in the "like it" camp. :D