• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

The mail man brought me something fun the other day. I don't usually buy many westerns especially Dells but this caught my eye on eBay. I noticed something on the cover in the little picture and decided to open the auction. It was for Roy Rogers #66. What was interesting was it had a Western Pubs File Copy stamp on the cover and it was just beautiful condition. Opening bid was 9.99. I have never owned any of this pedigree and decided to throw in a small bid. I forgot about it and then a week later I "won" it at the opening bid. There was no mention of the file copy pedigree in either the title or description. Just "stamp on cover" in the description. I think the seller screwed himself a bit.

I know westerns like this are soft, real soft, but 10 bucks for a file copy? I was stoked. I was going to have it pressed and slabbed but why bother if there is no demand for these. I got 2 here is the first one:

comroyrogers66a_zpsuyqe0dzk.jpg

I love the interior stamp that wasn't even mentioned at all...

comroyrogers66b_zps9rw3wpep.jpg

Are you talking about the comic4less auctions? If so, not much luck with my low-ball bids either. Things will return to normal soon enough.

That's the one (thumbs u I was blown away at what some of those closed for. I noticed stuff with "1st appearance of..." was getting multiples of the non-keys (if you could call them that) :facepalm:

Thanks, Steve! The guy I bought it from had a mini run of about 6 or 7 books from this title. All looked to be really nice, iirc