• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

I picked up a couple EC western upgrades in the last week or so.

First one's from a boardie ( (worship) ):

gunfighter14a_f.jpg

Next one's a Heritage win:

sadjustice7a_f.jpg

Note the pencil " '50 " on the Gunfighter and the pencil " '49" on the Saddle Justice. Similar style and handwriting...perhaps these are from the same original owner, reunited at last! (shrug)

New Hampshire copies. Not recognized by CGC for some reason, but the other guy recognizes them as a pedigree.

New Hampshire copies. Not recognized by CGC for some reason, but the other guy recognizes them as a pedigree.

:idea:

That's it! Thanks for the reminder...I knew those marks looked familiar, but couldn't place them...

That's it! Thanks for the reminder...I knew those marks looked familiar, but couldn't place them...

5 peds not recognized by cgc are labeled as peds by the other guy. tho' i am a cgc devotee, i'm also a ped-geek, so sent 5 books to them just to have the labels read "new hampshire," "eldon," "hap langlie," "cape cod" and "cookeville."

5 peds not recognized by cgc are labeled as peds by the other guy. tho' i am a cgc devotee, i'm also a ped-geek, so sent 5 books to them just to have the labels read "new hampshire," "eldon," "hap langlie," "cape cod" and "cookeville."

I had heard you were a pedi- something or other.

What's more...I should have known! Here's another one that I bought straight from Jim Payette a while back...there's that " '49" up in the "G"

gunfighter12a_f.jpg

Really love the Tom Mix books! They are full of great stories.

Thanks for posing those other pages. Lots of fun stuff in these.

Meanwhile, I am also whittling down this DC title -

Jimmy%20Wakely%206_zpswax9z4fk.jpg

Really love the Tom Mix books! They are full of great stories.

Thanks for posing those other pages. Lots of fun stuff in these.

Meanwhile, I am also whittling down this DC title -

Jimmy%20Wakely%206_zpswax9z4fk.jpg

..... any chance you might post the Frazetta splash from this issue ? :wishluck: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Do they recognize Detroit Trolley as well? I've got a couple of those that I'd like to maintain the collection origin even if it wasn't a recognized pedigree.

Do they recognize Detroit Trolley as well? I've got a couple of those that I'd like to maintain the collection origin even if it wasn't a recognized pedigree.

i was told only those 5; i'd have sent in a trolley for slabbing, too.

..... any chance you might post the Frazetta splash from this issue ? :wishluck: GOD BLESS....

Easy :thumbsup: The story was reprinted in Tomahawk 57 and I have scans from when it appeared there -

Here's the Wiki entry for Ed Schieffelin

And, yes, it was fully recolored when reprinted. The colors are different in the Jimmy Wakely print.

Tomahawk57-Frazetta1_zpsgzyhzwco.jpg

Tomahawk57-Frazetta2_zpsr85epbum.jpg

Tomahawk57-Frazetta3_zpsfwerlolp.jpg

Easy :thumbsup: The story was reprinted in Tomahawk 57 and I have scans from when it appeared there -

Here's the Wiki entry for Ed Schieffelin

Tomahawk57-Frazetta1_zpsgzyhzwco.jpg

Tomahawk57-Frazetta2_zpsr85epbum.jpg

Tomahawk57-Frazetta3_zpsfwerlolp.jpg

:cloud9:

and Jack being Jack. that's always a good thing.

BullsEye07fc_zpsxt0mz325.jpg

Good one. I hope to eventually get around to completing my Bulls Eye run. That's a nice looking copy.

....so hard to find in Fine or better.... and they're really neat books. This was a cool period for Kirby, this title, Foxhole, Fighting American :cloud9: I'm just now reading the Mark Evanier book about Kirby...... and I thought I knew everything...... GOD BLESS....

Hard to follow a Frazetta splash and story like that (thanks Scrooge! Jimmy Wakely on the list).

But I like this book. Buscema starting to make his mark with a style all his own.

TexMorgan05fc_zpsljuxqv40.jpg

Red :cloud9:

That was a nice box! :applause:

Maneely, Wildey...good stuff.

I recently saw a copy of this book in this thread...... so I apologize for double posting, but I really liked it and then, lo and behold, a decent copy turned up for sale. The art inside is pretty decent, I just wish it was a 52 pager...... GOD BLESS...

WESTERN%20COMICS%2031.jpg

Edited by jimjum12