• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

Looks like my boxes. Better go check.

This is perfect timing now that I have an updated want list :banana:

Isn't there some obscure western you've been looking for for years? I think I have it at home on a search, but can't find it here. :wishluck:

Isn't there some obscure western you've been looking for for years? I think I have it at home on a search, but can't find it here. :wishluck:

Redskin # 8. Been looking for a copy since July 2001 ...

http://www.comics.org/issue/234715/cover/4/

Redskin # 8. Been looking for a copy since July 2001 ...

http://www.comics.org/issue/234715/cover/4/

Seems you will continue the hunt for #8. :cry:

Here are the Redskin issues he will auction. 1, 2, 5, 7 & 9

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Thank you sooo much for checking. Goes to show that this issue is like hen's teeth.

I would notch it up as an Overstreet fake data ... if we didn't have a recorded scan of the cover.

Thank you sooo much for checking. Goes to show that this issue is like hen's teeth.

I would notch it up as an Overstreet fake data ... if we didn't have a recorded scan of the cover.

So you do have verification it exists? Are there similar monthly deficiencies in the other titles from that publisher?

So you do have verification it exists? Are there similar monthly deficiencies in the other titles from that publisher?

Scrooge owns all the other issues for that month for every publisher.

Scrooge owns all the other issues for that month for every publisher.

Right, but we know of several instances where a given period for a publisher has a dramatic increase in the rarity of books across the entire line. I'm curious if there is a similar instance here, or just randomness.

Guys,

Buttock's question is a question that has been on my mind for a few years now. Is this a phantom issue or not? Aside from that scan on the GCD, I have seen neither hide nor hair of this book.

BUT, why would someone create a fake cover to upload on the GCD? I don't see that as reasonable so the book must exist; it's just rare.

IMO, it's not part of the known Fawcett printing & paper stock issue that we're all aware that affects such in demand books as TMIH # 3 or The Man from Planet X (a.k.a. Fawcett Movie Comics # 15). Though the causality is not quite clear: are they tough to get b/c they are in demand or are they in demand b/c they are tough to find. Methinks (channeling my inner Bob), that's it's a case of the latter.

I do have the only other 2 Youthful books from that month: Fantastic # 8 and Stamp Comics 3. I'll try to check where they were printed in the indicia and compare with the Fawcetts to see if they came from the same plant. That will shed some light on the issue.

Fantastic 8 is not scarce.

I agree. It's out there. I checked my Stamps Comics to my Bill Boyd Western and, of course, the printer is not listed.

The cover stocks though felt different which, ultimately, is not helping us figure out why that issue of Redskin is impossible to find.

The search goes on ...

Let's get the thread back on track,

FC 312 a.k.a. Tonto # 1. Still didn't have a copy so glad to get this one.

Might not be a surprise to anyone but Dells still remain the bulk of my collection with ~2,000 Dell comics. They are good comics.

FC%20312_zpszf4zpfci.jpg