• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Legends Tour input - now including Jim Steranko

523 posts in this topic

ps for me Mike Esposito is number one, until todays thread I didn't even know he was still alive.... so that would be HUGE

Mike Esposito is a family friend. Used to go to the race track with my Uncle and Grandfather every weekend. I was also under the impression he passed away.

Well I spent 2 hours at his house with him last year looking at art and getting autographs. So I am pretty sure he is alive and well

Thats great to hear. Been out of NY for 30 years now.

$$$$ talks, bull walks. Once the X-Men cover comes out I'll post my Steranko sketch

riight..you think you are the first to throw money at him?

I know what price point he gives in at :/

After careful consideration, here is my top 6 list for the East Coast Legends Tour:

1. Mike Esposito

2. Nick Cardy

3. Carmine Infantino

4. Terry Austin

5. Klaus Janson

6. Marie Severin

7. Frank Miller

I did not include Frank Miller in my top 6 only because I don't think it's likely that he would agree to participate, but I've still included him in the "bonus" #7 position just in case Chandler could somehow pull it off.

Otherwise, my list consists of creators that have not made it to any cons or had any signings recently, and thus a private signing is pretty much the only way to get any books signed by them. While I love Joe Simon, John Romita, Joe Kubert, Neal Adams, Herb Trimpe and so on, all of those have had recent or upcoming con appearances or private signings.

After a lot of thought,

1. Nick Cardy

2. Frank Miller

3. Carmine Infantino

4. Joe Kubert

5. Jim Shooter

Of course everyone on the general list is awesome, so this tour is going to be great with whoever is chosen!

Anyone know where Cardy lives? And how I can get ahold of him to discuss him being part of this tour?

Sure. I've had the honor of having lunch with him here in town... :whistle:

Anyone know where Cardy lives? And how I can get ahold of him to discuss him being part of this tour?

Sure. I've had the honor of having lunch with him here in town... :whistle:

Do you wear your toolbelt to lunch :baiting: