• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

I find it very disturbing that the buyer is aware of this thread but has been quiet until now. I don't want to throw anyone under the moped until we've heard both sides but it suggests that the buyer is giving the seller time to concoct a story.

In all fairness, the buyer may have bought the book completely unaware someone else had it on hold, thus he is caught in the middle of a dispute between two other parties. The fact that he had it in his sig line would indicate to me he was unaware there was any issue regarding the book.

He may be waiting for a response from the seller, and frankly I can't blame him for not jumping into the drama. And if I had a book that was the center of a dispute, I'd probably take it out of my sig line until the issue was resolved.

(shrug)

Thread is getting too long to fully read but I have not seen this point brought up.

What would happen if it was the other way around. A buyer says he will buy a book and then half way through the deal they pull out for whatever reason. I believe the seller could report it to the probation thread and the buyer would be put on the list. Shouldn't the same method be used in this case?

I would say so, yes.

The problem with this scenario is that the buyer has the ability to correct the situation and thus be removed from the probation list. By actually moving forward and buying said book.

In this situation the seller would have to make the situation right. How would he or she go about doing that? Offer the buyer a monetary recompense? Buy the book back from the actual person that bought the book from under Matt?

Pretty easy to resolve the first - not so for the second.

We are assuming a lot without hearing from all parties. If it is indeed the buyer who had two copies in his signature, he posted on a GA thread that he actually had 3 copies, perhaps he'd be honorable and sell one of them to the person who got left out. I know if I did something innocently, that's what I would do...and we DO need to hear from the seller.

Hopefully, there is a reasonable explanation. However, if there is not, then unfortunately I think this is a probation thread offense, the same way it would be if a buyer found a book for less and backed out of time payments. To get off the probation list, he'd have to find another acceptable book for the buyer.

I agree. As I mentioned above I'm surprised we haven't heard from the seller. If the seller has more than one copy that is the best (and easiest) course of action.

I thinks it's probation worthy as well, but ultimately that would be for Matt to decide. And while I agree that having the seller find another copy of the book for Matt is an option, I think that's a difficult proposition. Certainly not an impossible one just one that may be hard to do.

I'm in no way advocating the seller be let off the hook completely here. ;)

Some collectors would crash through a group of preschoolers then step on their own mother's throat just to buy a book off of Hitler with the hope of selling it to Satan for a few extra bucks. :insane:

Sig worthy right there. :applause:

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't do sigs

I find it very disturbing that the buyer is aware of this thread but has been quiet until now. I don't want to throw anyone under the moped until we've heard both sides but it suggests that the buyer is giving the seller time to concoct a story.

In all fairness, the buyer may have bought the book completely unaware someone else had it on hold, thus he is caught in the middle of a dispute between two other parties. The fact that he had it in his sig line would indicate to me he was unaware there was any issue regarding the book.

He may be waiting for a response from the seller, and frankly I can't blame him for not jumping into the drama. And if I had a book that was the center of a dispute, I'd probably take it out of my sig line until the issue was resolved.

(shrug)

(thumbs u

The current buyer/holder of the book is caught between a rock and a hard place.

I find it more disturbing that the seller has yet to come forward. A simple, "We are in discussion to find an amicable solution for all parties." would go a long way in lessening the current drama/tension.

(shrug)

If I it was me and I had nothing to hide and zero loyalty to the seller I would post the details of the transaction as fast as humanly possible. (shrug)

This is the biggest climatic event for a countdown on the boards as I can recall!!!! Only hours to go to learn who the SELLER is !!!!!!!! Hopefully it isn't a Y2K prank.

You forgot about the pending Dupcak legal action eyewitness photo (or at least one of those court reporter drawing-thingees). That's one that would blow the roof off! :popcorn:

Thread is getting too long to fully read but I have not seen this point brought up.

What would happen if it was the other way around. A buyer says he will buy a book and then half way through the deal they pull out for whatever reason. I believe the seller could report it to the probation thread and the buyer would be put on the list. Shouldn't the same method be used in this case?

I would say so, yes.

The problem with this scenario is that the buyer has the ability to correct the situation and thus be removed from the probation list. By actually moving forward and buying said book.

In this situation the seller would have to make the situation right. How would he or she go about doing that? Offer the buyer a monetary recompense? Buy the book back from the actual person that bought the book from under Matt?

We are assuming a lot without hearing from all parties. If it is indeed the buyer who had two copies in his signature, he posted on a GA thread that he actually had 3 copies, perhaps he'd be honorable and sell one of them to the person who got left out. I know if I did something innocently, that's what I would do...and we DO need to hear from the seller.

Hopefully, there is a reasonable explanation. However, if there is not, then unfortunately I think this is a probation thread offense, the same way it would be if a buyer found a book for less and backed out of time payments. To get off the probation list, he'd have to find another acceptable book for the buyer.

I hope you're not talking about me, I posted that I've had 3 copies of Tec 37 in the last year, but I've nothing to do with this, and I wish to be allowed to have my turn with the pitchforks and baying for blood

If the buyer really is the person it's implied to be, it's someone who has posted like gangbusters since joining up. Curiously, he hasn't posted today hm

I would say so, yes.

I hope you're not talking about me, I posted that I've had 3 copies of Tec 37 in the last year, but I've nothing to do with this, and I wish to be allowed to have my turn with the pitchforks and baying for blood

Errr....no...it was not you...definitely not you.

There was a REASON I didn't post on THAT thread, lol

Can we wear purple, instead of black when we have the pitchforks? :cloud9:

Edited by skypinkblu

Some collectors would crash through a group of preschoolers then step on their own mother's throat just to buy a book off of Hitler with the hope of selling it to Satan for a few extra bucks. :insane:

Sig worthy right there. :applause:

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't do sigs

There is always a first time Bill. :baiting:

I just wanted to notify everyone that a personal pm to Matt with a full explanation has been sent. I apologize but I dont alway have the time these days to be on the threads every day of the minute. I am very sorry about this situation but I had some serious family issues to deal (and although I cannot get into detail here- it includes death) so before fingers get pointed I believe a personal matter should be handled by the parties involved first. Then it can be spoken of here. In the meantime I have to go now and will be awaiting Matts response later on tonight. Thank you everyone

I would say so, yes.

Errr....no...it was not you...definitely not you.

There was a REASON I didn't post on THAT thread, lol

Can we wear purple, instead of black when we have the pitchforks? :cloud9:

Purple hm