• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

Conan had a deal with NBC and was screwed by NBC. However, Leno's excuse that "hey, if NBC is gonna sell me the Tec, then I'll take it" is pretty lame. He shouldn't be considered blameless in all this. He should man-up and sell the book back to Conan.

Hall of shame seems the appropriate place .

I really wish I knew someone with this book. I would move heaven and earth to get one for the original seller buyer to make them whole again. Couldnt you be after a Nova #1 , Spawn #1 or Dazzler #1 as I think I can find a few of those for a good price.

fixed that for you,and couldn't agree more.

Yes thanks you very much. I meant buyer.

Hall of shame seems the appropriate place .

I really wish I knew someone with this book. I would move heaven and earth to get one for the original seller buyer to make them whole again. Couldnt you be after a Nova #1 , Spawn #1 or Dazzler #1 as I think I can find a few of those for a good price.

fixed that for you,and couldn't agree more.

He's hiding in a bunker trying to wait out the skirmish. He should sell Matt his undercopy and make his day! lol

Now that would be an intewresting outcome in all this... hm

Well i dont get all this now, Yannis sent me a very private PM about something going on in his life and i chose not to publicly share it, If i did post it trust me all the people questioning me would feel really really stupid i can gaurantee that. I didnt avoid anything he gave me no explaination for his action as far as the book is concerned, AGAIN I GOT SCREWED. Im not hididng anything and again im very mad about it, I dont get what you want me to do, should i find his address and go fight him? Come on. Im trying to be the adult here its not like me and him are best friends now, i realized i cant do mess and no one said hes not going on the list or not. Again i apologize cause its only a few ignorant people being this way.

Well i dont get all this now, Yannis sent me a very private PM about something going on in his life and i chose not to publicly share it, If i did post it trust me all the people questioning me would feel really really stupid i can gaurantee that. I didnt avoid anything he gave me no explaination for his action as far as the book is concerned, AGAIN I GOT SCREWED. Im not hididng anything and again im very mad about it, I dont get what you want me to do, should i find his address and go fight him? Come on. Im trying to be the adult here its not like me and him are best friends now, i realized i cant do mess and no one said hes not going on the list or not. Again i apologize cause its only a few ignorant people being this way.

Matt, probably should just stop posting on this and move on.

I just want to say thanks to everybody for helping i greatly appreciate it

I just want to say "tell us WTF you agreed upon TO THE LETTER"

You took it to the people and now the people want to hear the conclusion. You can't just use us for your own satisfaction and leave us hanging.

That's not how a community works.

As far as I'm concerned you are both on my probation list until time stands still if you don't cough up the details. Don't bother buying from me, nor will I buy from you.

I'm happy that you came to an S & M type happy conclusion but someone give me my time back for 70 pages of selling research wasted by members agreeing in private that they aren't despicable to try to escape being put on the probation list in the end.

You my friend need to chill out maybe go back and read it again cause you apparently missed alot, i said time and time again i got screwed and theres nothin i can do, i dont have the book and never will what more do you want?????

As far as putting me on the probation list seriously grow up and dont worry i wont buy from you and you can do the same from me. I didnt make the resolution private at all

You made the resolution private by not making it public, and from the way you have worded it you had no say in the resolution either and that is sad.

BTW, don't worry because you're on my private probation list, not the forum one. (and I don't own any 'Tec 37"'s either.)

It's too bad you can't get this angry at the seller because you do need to grow some if you want buy here or you are going to find more of your purchases walking away from you (but not from me)

Night Matt boy :)

Im so glad you feel this way. I wouldnt take a TEC 37 from you for free so dont worry

Matt, probably should just stop posting on this and move on.

No your right everyone figured out whats up with this minus a few people so its like beating a dead horse.

Matt, you gave plenty of details for anyone who took an interest in this issue to understand what happened and how you feel about it.

How you choose to resolve this matter is your decision. Some boardies will disagree with any decision you make, but it is not their decision to decide what you do to make the best of it. I would have put on probation list (if he never gets off, so be it). Hall of Shame didn't seem appropriate. Your idea that he has been outed on here and that board members do have long memories, so that is punishment enough also makes sense.

Good luck finding a nice Tec.

(Sympathies to Bat-Man for the abuse taken for being an unwitting participant in this fiasco. It seems clear only one person is to blame.)

You took it to the people and now the people want to hear the conclusion. You can't just use us for your own satisfaction and leave us hanging.

As far as I'm concerned you are both on my probation list until time stands still if you don't cough up the details. Don't bother buying from me, nor will I buy from you.

I'm happy that you came to an S & M type happy conclusion but someone give me my time back for 70 pages of selling research wasted by members agreeing in private that they aren't despicable to try to escape being put on the probation list in the end.

You my friend need to chill out maybe go back and read it again cause you apparently missed alot, i said time and time again i got screwed and theres nothin i can do, i dont have the book and never will what more do you want?????

As far as putting me on the probation list seriously grow up and dont worry i wont buy from you and you can do the same from me. I didnt make the resolution private at all

You made the resolution private by not making it public, and from the way you have worded it you had no say in the resolution either and that is sad.

BTW, don't worry because you're on my private probation list, not the forum one. (and I don't own any 'Tec 37"'s either.)

It's too bad you can't get this angry at the seller because you do need to grow some if you want buy here or you are going to find more of your purchases walking away from you (but not from me)

Wow you've got to be kidding me!

No I'm not kidding, just pushing the issue some. Everyone agrees Matt was victimized by this transaction but we were told the story without hearing the end of it.

I just hope he didn't roll over because that doesn't help him or others in future sales.

The thread is a Major letdown for the readers if they don't get to hear the resolution.

Not talking about pushing the issue...talking about you being really rude to Matt for no reason other than to be difficult. Telling Matt he's on your personal probation list? Dude that's rude and uncalled for.

Would you say something like that to him in person at a convention? Probably not and if you did, he'd tell you were to stick it.

What resolution? This wasn't resolved! Matt's screwed out of the book and Yannis gave him a personal reason but didn't explain why he sold it from under him.

Probation list is a possibility, but why give Matt the 3rd degree because YOU need closure?

Wow you've got to be kidding me!

No I'm not kidding, just pushing the issue some. Everyone agrees Matt was victimized by this transaction but we were told the story without hearing the end of it.

I just hope he didn't roll over because that doesn't help him or others in future sales.

The thread is a Major letdown for the readers if they don't get to hear the resolution.

I dont get what you think im leaving out, And i dont get why im bothering to even respond to you either. If this is keeping you up at night (clearly it is) then maybe go back and try reading it a lil slower and youll get it next time

Matt, sorry again about the book and the outcome. Don't get too discouraged... hope you'll stick around, and hopefully there's another early Tec out there with your name on it. (thumbs u

Jon

Matt, sorry again about the book and the outcome. Don't get too discouraged... hope you'll stick around, and hopefully there's another early Tec out there with your name on it. (thumbs u

Jon

Ill def be around and i felt this worked out for some good cause now alot of people know what im looking for lol

Jon

Ill def be around and i felt this worked out for some good cause now alot of people know what im looking for lol

I also feel you got hosed big time. Hope you find one soon. If I was you I would ask that yannis be put in the hall of shame. 2c

Jon

World's best way to make people aware of your want list!!! ^^

:kidaround:

On a serious note, I don't blame you at all in this situation. You have showed far more deference than most people. However, you should not resign yourself to accepting the unacceptable simply because you think the deal is done and the book is gone.

Simply put, if you feel screwed, and Yannis is doing nothing other than tell you WHY he screwed you then you should request he be placed in the Hall of Shame so that other people are fully informed, before entering into a deal with him, that the same may happen to them.

That would protect other forum members and allow you some measure of penalty for what occurred to you.

Also, being that Yannis had no legal right to break your contract and that you were the only legally empowered person allowed to purchase the book I would demand that the deal with Bat-Man be undone, since you know exactly where the book is and the details of the transaction you are within your rights to demand something.

Much more likely and potentially possible is the alternative that Bat-Man sell the book to you for the original asking price. In that scenario Bat-Man actually makes $100 for his trouble.

If I were Bat-Man I would feel horrible about how this went down even though it wasn't Bat-Man's fault. Given the full length and breadth of the situation passing the book on to you for the original contract price would be the most upstanding and correct thing to do.

You get the book you contracted for at the price you contracted for, Bat-Man gets $100 for his time and trouble in buying a book the seller never had the legal right to sell to him.

That's what I would ask for, you do have options. But none of this is your fault. I want you to know that. (thumbs u

Matt doesn't know his way around these boards but I'll direct him to the probation thread. The more I look at this, the more I think that it's deserved. If not for this kind of problem than what is the probation thread good for? So i'm starting to see that point.

On a side note; That 37 is long gone. I don't think Matt has any thought that he might actually have a chance to buy it. Probably one of the reasons Bat-man is hiding out now and waiting for the smoke to clear...he does not want to give up this book now that he has it and he's hoping this all goes away. All speculation of course lol

Edited by TheDanimal

Non seller needs to be on the hall of shame or probation, end of story. There was a deal, he sold the book out from under Matt and he can't make the deal happen.

My read (and personal feeling) is that folks are getting bent on the fact that the issue was raised, the board had Matt's back (by demanding that the seller address the issue), and now there is a perception that the seller is not paying for his actions.

There is something Matt can do on this one. Go to the probation thread and ask for inclusion on the list that he feels best suits his situation for the good of the community that stood beside him. (thumbs u

Transaction gone bad, check. Buyer got screwed, check. Seller acted on poor judgment, check. Two guys that are still probably decent people, check. Equivalent to rape? Hell no, we’re only talking funny books. Can we put the guns on the table please? doh!

Perfect analysis of events. (thumbs u