• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

speedy-d cut me some slack? cut me slack in what regard? lol. the fact of the matter is in my opinion batman is wrong. he now knows what happened if he did not before. no one knows that he didnt know before but he and yannis. so to say he didnt know about matt is making an assumption. i will say this. under the circumstances if batman doesnt sell the book to matt for what he paid for the book then i personally think he knew about it. again please please do not go out of your way cutting me some slack. im new to these boards but have been around this hobby all of my life. im a big boy and can take it.

This thread makes the Baby Jesus cry. I'm lost.

Can somebody please give me a very simple (becuz I iz a simpleton) summary?

John sold the book that Matt was making payments on to Alex.

Well, that just sucks.

I'm assume John just screwed up, and has promptly (1) refunded Matt's money (perhaps with something a little extra for the screw up) (2) apologized profusely to Matt and (3) cleared Alex of any wrongdoing?

Correct, except for the little extra and he was aware that he was supposed to sell it to Matt. (thumbs u

Let's add to it that John lied to Matt about what happened to the book, strung him along, then wouldn't answer his emails, took a long time to refund his money (a good chunk of change), and waited until board indignation called him to task.

To colour the results of the renege darker, Matt hustled to sell a number of his lesser books to pay for the deal well ahead of schedule. :pullhair:

It's an ugly tale, no doubt about it.

OK well i really have to go to work right now so ill say some further stuff that happened real quick.

The new buyer sent me a PM saying he bought the book on the 18th and he was unaware of what was going on and he's sorry, Now i want to believe him and im trying but, the book appeared in his sig line up yesterday and thats 1 day after i was told theres something wrong with the book hmmmmm. Then i am told he paid $1500 for the book when i was paying $1600. So it appears either everyone thinks im very stupid or the seller just doesnt like money.I just checked all my PM's with the seller and talked with him originally on the i think 7th or 8th, and had the first payment on the 11th and within less than a week from that had the remainder of the balance.

There is absolutly no way I did anything wrong and I will be 10000% shocked if the seller can accuse me of anything exept being extremly exited about anything that has happened between us.

I will be home at 5 today i wish i could see whats gonna happen now but i cant, I will say who he is when i get back thanks

Do I have this timeline right?

April 11 - $500 first payment sent by Matt

April 18 - Alex purchases book

April 28 - Yannis tell Matt there's something wrong with the book

April 29 - Book appears in Alex's sig line

Can someone actually confirm that they saw my old book in a 0.5 holder or is this just heresay?

speedy-d cut me some slack? cut me slack in what regard? lol. the fact of the matter is in my opinion batman is wrong. he now knows what happened if he did not before. no one knows that he didnt know before but he and yannis. so to say he didnt know about matt is making an assumption.

I didn't say he didn't know, I said that everything that's been posted concerning him, from John and from Matt, suggests that he didn't know. No assumption made.

i will say this. under the circumstances if batman doesnt sell the book to matt for what he paid for the book then i personally think he knew about it.

Why would his future actions (selling the comic to Matt for what you think is a fair price) indicate that he knew about something in the past? Is it because you think selling the comic is the right thing to do, and if he doesn't do that right thing, it must mean that he did the wrong thing previously? I think it'd be sweet if Matt wound up with the comic, but whether or not he does has nothing to do with how Alex acted last week.

again please please do not go out of your way cutting me some slack. im new to these boards but have been around this hobby all of my life. im a big boy and can take it.

Okay, my apologies, take it easy. It was an off-hand remark. I didn't mean to suggest that you were immature, or that you hadn't already cut your comic collecting teeth. You're obviously a manly adult.

Peace?

I have read this whole thread too, and here is my 2c

If Alex didnt know what happened, why is he supposed to give up a book he bought from the seller "fair and square"?

Obviously it was on both of the buyers hit list, so isnt he going to be just as screwed by selling something that he surely sold off books and busted azs to get? There is really no "right" answer here, two parties got the shaft. One didnt get his book, one is being lynched for buying a book that was promised to someone else, but taking from one to give to the other isnt the answer IMO.

What if it were the other way around, and Matt had gotten the book first? Would everyone be rooting for him to sell it to Alex?

In a perfect world Alex would sell him that copy, find an upgrade for the same price and Yannis would send them both fruit baskets to make up for the d-baggery, but that isnt going to happen.

I am not putting down Matt, I have never even spoken with him before. I really hope he finds another copy of the book, like he said, its not like a SA marvel you can pick up any day of the week. Itsucks and the seller gets the d-bag of the month award, but hopefully he can find another copy, I am sure that someone who has read the 800+ posts in this thread can help the man out. That will make the whole situation a win.

Edited by joker-fish

Can someone actually confirm that they saw my old book in a 0.5 holder or is this just heresay?

It was your book? What grade did you give it?

Gave it a 1.8. Book was complete with tape (and tape stains) on all edges.

(shrug)

Is this the book?

SatJan23203830EST2010.jpg

and dont remember if I posted the 37 I picked up right here from the boards but here it is too!

This was the book.

It was your book? What grade did you give it?

Gave it a 1.8. Book was complete with tape (and tape stains) on all edges.

(shrug)

At what grade was it advertised & sold to Matt at?

Someone just sell Matt a decent TEC for a sweet price, this boards should be full of them. Someone has to have a copy they've read enough times and want to upgrade anyway.

I would but already upgraded to the desire grades I truly wanted them to be.. Already sold off all my lower graded copies

Im gonna be in and out all day so thats why i havent responded back. I was told it was a 2.5 but either way even if its a 1.8 i still wanted it. I had no idea it may be a .05 or maybe thats a joke/rumor not sure.

Quite an exhausting read.

Pov's 2c

1) Probation List - As it stands now this is for the wronged party to make the determination. Matt Decided to not pursue that. Probation List is out.

2) Hall Of Shame - If Yannis had not refunded Matt's money this would be a definite Hall Of Shame situation. If this happened two or more times it would be a definite HOS situation.

3) As far as Bat-Man goes, I think he should reverse the situation in his mind and see how he would feel and what he would want to be done if he made a good down payment on a grail and then found it was later sold to someone else.

Another thing that upset me was (and i have said this to yannis) was that if he for some reason thought i couldnt pay (and again i gave him no indications of this) he should have said forget it dont send me money, cause now i have to wait a week to get a refund and take the money back out. And in the bigger picture ive had my money on hold for over 3 weeks total, So what if something had come along i guess i would have missed out in the meantime

Someone said earlier that these books are rare, and yes they are when you dont have 10-20k to spend, so to find 1 for a couple thousand i was beyond belief. I have many silverage books and a nearly complete ASM run w/ AF15, but if i sold those i could easily get them back but not the case w TECS so thats why i was very mad also

Im gonna be in and out all day so thats why i havent responded back. I was told it was a 2.5 but either way even if its a 1.8 i still wanted it. I had no idea it may be a .05 or maybe thats a joke/rumor not sure.

that book. Keep the warchest at ready....and jump on the next available copy. (thumbs u