• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

@Gotham Kid - out of curiosity... top of the book... is that the printing alignment or does that look trimmed. 

The alignment is top centered. Part of the ears are cut off atop, but half the Kane (signature) is there at the bottom. Plus the top edge doesn't appear to have a tell for trim, based on the image I have to work with.

16 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Even though the photo leaves a lot to be desired, I don't see any overt tells for trim on any of the edges or corners. .

Compare the top edge to other samples of the book. There are other miscuts but not to that level... as far as I am looking at now. Who knows... 

Edited by Buzzetta

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Compare the top edge to other samples of the book. There are other miscuts but not to that level... as far as I am looking at now. Who knows... 

I did. When considering the position of the bat ears and the Bob Kane sig at the bottom to other examples, it's normal. This is top centered but the appropriate amount of Kane shows at the bottom considering the amount of ears at the top. Plus, trimming a book with a spine roll? And a weak top left corner? A thick, Golden age book? Would've probably been a disaster to even try. it would have to have been so deep trimmed, a la All_Things_Trimmed, to get the blade to have a decent bite into the edge, that the ears would have been missing altogether. Top right edge pieces too would have probably crumbled right off without a deep trim.

Edited by James J Johnson

Yannis bought the book back from Bat-Man, with the intentions of selling it to Matt.  After that, who knows what happened? 

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon
greggy is a dork

Just now, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Yannis bought the book back from Bat-Man, with the intentions of selling it Matt.  After that, who knows what happened? 

I'm confused. I didn't read the entire back story. Is this a book being offered now? Or one that Buzzetta bought or could have bought some time ago? If so, when was it offered and the price?

I will sweeten the pot.  I am a buyer for this book at $1750... 

to the current owner.... it could be the easiest $250 you have ever made. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I will sweeten the pot.  I am a buyer for this book at $1750... 

to the current owner.... it could be the easiest $250 you have ever made. 

lol didn't this book appreciate significantly in the past 9 years? GLWTB

Edited by 01TheDude

Just now, 01TheDude said:

lol didn't this book appreciate significantly in the past 9 years? GLWTB

hush - don't threadcrap in my WTB thread

29 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

also mentioned  while discussing the book back then was that this book had a lot of tape on it at one point that either fell off or was carefully removed. That might have influenced the looks on the edges and spine.

There's definitely something going on, but the image doesn't lend well to attempts to clarify it. I'm leaning towards color touch, just the dark areas but not enough resolution to do more than simply speculate.

15 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

There's definitely something going on, but the image doesn't lend well to attempts to clarify it. I'm leaning towards color touch, just the dark areas but not enough resolution to do more than simply speculate.

the information came from the guy who sold yannis the book - Darth. I would not call that speculation. It is also where the picture came from.

It would not kill you to read the thread like many of us have endured.

Edited by 01TheDude