• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

It would be sort of interesting to do a recap of "where are they now?" for some of the key players in this thread.

It appears the OP-- @Danimal is on the HOS list (haven';t checked)

but things like-- where is the Tec 37 now? - who owns it? Did @mt1000 ever find his grail? etc etc -- so many stories and secret PMs we've never uncovered. Shame really--- such a shame -- just think of the hours of wasted time going unwasted.

He is in the HOS, 8th overall inductee.  

A shiny nickel to anyone who can sum up all the drama surrounding that dude in 500 words or less.

17 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

It would be sort of interesting to do a recap of "where are they now?" for some of the key players in this thread.

It appears the OP-- @Danimal is on the HOS list (haven';t checked)

but things like-- where is the Tec 37 now? - who owns it? Did @mt1000 ever find his grail? etc etc -- so many stories and secret PMs we've never uncovered. Shame really--- such a shame -- just think of the hours of wasted time going unwasted.

PM all parties involved and let me know.   Say hi to Danny for me.  

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

PM all parties involved and let me know.   Say hi to Danny for me.  

I just figured the old guard would know--- he was gone 10+ years prior to me even joining here and the others are all old school. Someone probably kept track and I'm no CGC detective (nor do I want to be. Some basic followup seems reasonable if people are going to keep drudging up these old threads. Where is that Tec 37? Let's start there.

1 minute ago, 01TheDude said:

I just figured the old guard would know--- he was gone 10+ years prior to me even joining here and the others are all old school. Someone probably kept track and I'm no CGC detective (nor do I want to be. Some basic followup seems reasonable if people are going to keep drudging up these old threads. Where is that Tec 37? Let's start there.

What page was the picture of the book on? 

@Gotham Kid - out of curiosity... top of the book... is that the printing alignment or does that look trimmed.  Going to play my hand now... for awhile I was looking for a Tec 37.  I would have bought this book... but I usually don't see them with the top of the circle missing.  I have seen the tips of the bat ears cut off but not to the extent that I see here. 

On a side note, unless the book was heavily restored, I do not see it on Heritage. 

5 minutes ago, kav said:

yes I was agreeing with you is all plus upping my post count-

I just realized that you're closing in on 50,000 posts! And you took all that time off. Reminds me of Ted Williams. Lost 5 seasons to military service and still hit 500+ home runs! If you didn't take all that time off, lost to God only knows what you were doing, you would have surpassed Greggy.  (worship)

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I just realized that you're closing in on 50,000 posts! And you took all that time off. Reminds me of Ted Williams. Lost 5 seasons to military service and still hit 500+ home runs! If you didn't take all that time off, lost to God only knows what you were doing, you would have surpassed Greggy.  (worship)

I'm like the Muhammad Ali of the boards-I come out swingin then the rope-a-dope-

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

1 minute ago, kav said:

I'm like the Muhammad Ali of the boards-I come out swingin then the rope-a-dope-

You are (he is) neither Ted Williams nor Muhammad Ali. lol 

Just now, Larryw7 said:

Looks like some color touch too, on the right. Could just be artifacts from a bad scan though.

Maybe... I was thinking bleed from a water stain.