• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cutting back collecting for a while due to health issue

62 posts in this topic

I wanted to let everyone know I will be cutting back on buying books for a while. Unfortantly, I have had a personal health issue arise that will consume the majority of the money I had planned on spending on cons and books this year. I have had to cancel the entire con conventions I was planning on attending . The health issue will limit me traveling . As you would expect , my spirits are low right now. I still may pick up a few books here and now but the vast amount of my money will be going to medical bills and hopefully a full recovery. So the main aspect of my collection focus (Golden-Age Captain America) will be postponed untill I recover. Which the doctors say could be 4-6 months optimistically.

I will be cutting my modern books down to just Captain America and hopefully can find a place locally that will mail the to me. I will still be checking out the boards everyday . I will keep interested parties informed in my journal page when I add books that are at CGC now . Furthermore, whoever the 5 people are that wins the grading contest that I have in the grading forum will get there books when the grades arive. I will have someone mail the books out to the winners.

If by chance I list any items for sale it maybe a couple of extra days added to the shipping as the person will only be coming to my house once a week to mail things for me. All previous sales have either been mailed out or will be mailed on Monday. I think two people who bought the New Avengers #8 exclusive will be effected by this.

Hopefully in a few months I will be in better spirits and health will be on the up and up. Life often throws up road blocks that you must overcome. Like the old saying goes though "That which doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Trey

Good luck, and I wish your a fast recovery :thumbsup: