• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

It never ends, does it?

Let's get back to comics, and not this clique thing.

I bought #2 & #3 First Prints at JetPack Comics today for cover. Just reader copies, as I just wanted to read them for myself this time. (thumbs u

OK, how did she lose her eye, before I start? Thank you :)

PM sent. ;)

Maybe some people need to check out other threads that feel more at home to you. This thread appears to be started by someone who was interested in dicussing CPG and there are a few people in here that seem to be really excited about collecting it. Bashing on every aspect of it really seems hurtful. There are a few people that have really invested a lot into this book and support it.

People are hardly "bashing every aspect of it." Has anyone bashed Jeremy, the story, or the art? Seems to me there's only one aspect upon which some of us are harping. And feigning an air of hurt feelings doesn't change that.

But I can take a thinly-veiled hint, so I'll take my leave from this thread. :hi:

I don't see where there was bashing either. Some prodding in an attempt to understand the hoopla yes. Seems to me the discussion revealed that there is an actual 1st print so from my perspective well worth the time. A few people have really invested in this and the question is....why? A possible fellow investor tends to ask such questions ;)

Then I was wrong, clearly you guys were just trying to flesh out if it was a good investment. If you want my advice, grab a later edition print and check it out. Could be a good start to making a choice for a stance on the book.

Are we cliquing again everyone?

I want to be on Brangets team if we are, I <3 Jeff...

As long as you keep your crown safely tucked away.

dramaqueen.jpg

:baiting:

cool we are cliquing again!

Team JJ represent!

Knew it wouldn't be long!

I really enjoyed meeting Jeremy at the Motor City Con. His art is definitely unlike anything else out there... it reminds me of early comic strips from the platinum age. The story is a little choppy in places as Bastian tries to convert the beautiful pictures into story and dabble with comic book devices. . I've read the first two issues and I'd recommend it to my friends. I think there's a lot of excitement surrounding the book for good reason... it's a labor of love that tells a magical tale reminiscent of Peter Pan, Little Nemo, or Alice in Wonderland. We worked out a deal on a commission that required a little more work than his usual con sketches. I couldn't be happier with the piece and wish him great success with his comic.

98452.jpg.bf196858f0d3cb5662f96e36f2f4f90e.jpg

98453.jpg.20b164de6207ed40688c42a87a05fa7e.jpg

98454.jpg.a3cc06ffa0f7dd62bc13339279b54288.jpg

98455.jpg.53066bb4cc119fbda78f4e49020c391e.jpg

98456.jpg.b44f29b4e60d9f2670c811c4e30aecc2.jpg

Then I was wrong, clearly you guys were just trying to flesh out if it was a good investment. If you want my advice, grab a later edition print and check it out. Could be a good start to making a choice for a stance on the book.

I have since joined Investors Anonymous :) Heavy buy in makes me ask more questions....

I vote team JJ :cloud9:

Given the feedback on story and art I have no doubt that as a comic book fan I will either like it or understand why others do.

I really enjoyed meeting Jeremy at the Motor City Con. His art is definitely unlike anything else out there... it reminds me of early comic strips from the platinum age. The story is a little choppy in places as Bastian tries to convert the beautiful pictures into story and dabble with comic book devices. . I've read the first two issues and I'd recommend it to my friends. I think there's a lot of excitement surrounding the book for good reason... it's a labor of love that tells a magical tale reminiscent of Peter Pan, Little Nemo, or Alice in Wonderland. We worked out a deal on a commission that required a little more work than his usual con sketches. I couldn't be happier with the piece and wish him great success with his comic.

Now that my dear friend is why I keep supporting Jeremy. Natural genius. (thumbs u

I can't believe jetpack sold a first print #2 for cover! They are selling nice ones for $100
It was a "well loved" store copy that was on the shelf. 9.2, best guess. Not that I am complaining. If it was nice, I would have not read it and had to read my mother's second print #2 I gave her that I got off eBay. Taking these out of the bag now, I can't believe how tough the covers are. Jetpack Comics rule! :cloud9:

Wow guys...

I take a little day trip with the fam and everything gets a little nutty, huh?

I don't have much to add, but thank you to everyone who has contributed something meaningful here. I am just a fairly uninformed CPG fan who was hoping to see what others think of the book, and this thread has unearthed a lot of helpful info. And knowledge is always a good thing.

So, dare I say...keep it coming? lol

4th printings of #1 are scheduled to come out this month, but not sure on print run and they are supposed to be a little difficult to get because only certain shops are attaining them. Lack of knowledge I suppose. I'll be getting some shipped when they come out.

A little update. Seems like the 4th printings may have been pushed? Scheduled to come out before SDCC 2010. Will try and keep peeps updated. ;)