• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,507 posts in this topic

These aren't new to my collection they're all my oo collection except for the Iron Man but I just got my first submission back today and I just want to post them all over. All unpressed (not that there's anything wrong with that) The Iron Man I picked up at a flea market in the early 70's for $10.00 kinda bummed about that one but I will take it.

CaptainAmerica_zpsc46ebea3.jpg

TheAvengers_zpsb688938a.jpg

X-Men_zps5f90d209.jpg

Congrats. Really nice books. Those are excellent grades for unpressed books.

sll-gibi-batman-n-51-1-serie-ebal-ano-1965_MLB-F-5167306638_102013_zps13e8a1e7.jpg

That is pretty cool. 1965, yet they use photo images from the 1940s serial

yes i believe and correct me if im wrong this was the 2nd actor to portray Batman

He was the first actor to appear in an episode of the Adventures of Superman that showed both characters co-existed

have always loved this one; it's a combination of a kirby pre-hero monster book, and plain ol' superhero. thought it looked pretty for the grade, with great colors and nice pq.

st109.jpg

Beautiful stuff guys. I picked this up from a fellow boardie earlier in the week. A nice Christmas gift, I must say.

JIM_85_SSCGC55oww_SLee.jpg

Wow, very nice copy! (thumbs u

Thank you. I was excited to get it. It's a book that I've wanted for quite some time!

crazy thing about finally obtaining this book (one of my grails). I knew the auction for this hard-to-find book was ending at about 7:50Pm. Unfortunately I was still on the highway headed home with my daughter and it was about 740.

So of course... I get off the next exit and pull over to bid on the auction through my cellphone! :D

Lobo1F_zps6a9e44ef.jpg

Worth it... Never thought I would find this anytime soon. ^^

Edited by akaSteveRogers

I know nothing about that book but very cool that you were able to get it from your cell while on the side of the road! :applause:

technology...i think we are bombarded with it at times and the market is oversaturated with handheld devices that we "need", but you've got to love it when its used for important things like...bidding on an auction that about to end and you wont make home to your PC (obsolete?) in time.

:D

Edited by akaSteveRogers

Love to hear the story. As for if you got it for a good price, I guess. It depends on if it really is a VG grade. if its in the top end of VG, bordering Fine...you got a steal.

If its on the lower end which Im assuming, then you probably paid a fair price. Maybe someone with more experience with Silver books of FF 52 can chime in.

Edited by akaSteveRogers