• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,458 posts in this topic

I'm running out of other books to sell . .my collection is pretty bare bones right now. I may just have to just tell her to suck it up. "Hey you know that fence we were gonna redo . . .we need to get to know our neighbors better;" or "hey, you know how you wanted that hot tub . . .how bout I just blow bubbles in the tub for you . . . .ANYTIME you want." :devil:

This seems like as good an 8,000th post as any...

Recently received this nice book from Nearmint. Always like this cover. Of course, I don't think I've ever met a purple DC 10-center I didn't like!

Flash132.jpg

Got these in recently...love the purple color on the 40.

The 40 is a perfect example of why I like picking up Superman Family books from the late 50's/early 60's. It turns out to be a really early appearance of Supergirl (7th I believe) and the first time Jimmy met her. A minor, minor key, to be sure, but pretty cool.

I also didn't realize that these early Jimmy's were almost all Curt Swan art. Better yet, they were inked by John Forte, who was a great detail guy. As a result these books are true artistic gems.

JO40.jpg

JO51.jpg

Recently received this nice book from Nearmint. Always like this cover. Of course, I don't think I've ever met a purple DC 10-center I didn't like!

Flash132.jpg

Very nice (thumbs u

Flash132.jpg

That's a 12 Center. :gossip:

Oops! On some runs I just follow Infantino as far as he goes!

This little puppy just arrived.

Unlike the superhero titles, few people know where the Marvel westerns fall in relation to their superhero counterparts.

This issue was the same month as Spidey #5, FF #19 and the month after X-Men #1 and Avengers #1.

RK36.jpg

This little puppy just arrived.

Unlike the superhero titles, few people know where the Marvel westerns fall in relation to their superhero counterparts.

This issue was the same month as Spidey #5, FF #19 and the month after X-Men #1 and Avengers #1.

RK36.jpg

Absolutely a beautiful book Mark. Your collection must be amazing to look at.

The 40 is a perfect example of why I like picking up Superman Family books from the late 50's/early 60's. It turns out to be a really early appearance of Supergirl (7th I believe) and the first time Jimmy met her. A minor, minor key, to be sure, but pretty cool.

I also didn't realize that these early Jimmy's were almost all Curt Swan art. Better yet, they were inked by John Forte, who was a great detail guy. As a result these books are true artistic gems.

JO40.jpg

JO51.jpg

Lois Lane books with the Scaffenberger art from that time period are also very underappreciated....GREAT stuff. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

JO40.jpg

JO51.jpg

Lois Lane books with the Scaffenberger art from that time period are also very underappreciated....GREAT stuff. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I agree Jimbo, although Swan was the Neal Adams of his time, DC had him do almost all the Superman family covers.