• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,450 posts in this topic

That is awesome!!! (worship)

I very, VERY rarely see copies that have that nice of colors! (worship)

That is freaking amazing :applause:

Thanks again Jason I'm a very happy collector today (thumbs u

Must be happy to get this as posted it in a few threads :grin:

92849f37.jpg

Putting together original Avengers team members 1st appearances to go with my Avengers 1-200 run. Got a couple of big ones to go though, well only TOS #39 and Hulk #1 doh! As cap was upgraded to an original team member then I could include a cap #1 but don't think that'll be happening

Awesome book!

Had a couple of SA books arrive yesterday morning

1st was a lower grade Sgt Fury #1, not my main collecting focus so didn't go crazy for a higher grade book. I'm a fury fan though and i'v now completed my little collection of main fury appearances.

[url=8a12c23c.jpg

Also added an Avengers #2 to my main collection focus my Avengers 1-200 run. Not a bad copy.

[url=cd023762.jpg

The Sgt. Fury #1 is the exact type of book I'd look for on a Marvel key - nicely presenting mid-grade copy with great pages. Love it.

I'm on the hunt for a white paged Avengers #2 after passing on a copy last month; that's a nice looker, as well.

The Sgt. Fury #1 is the exact type of book I'd look for on a Marvel key - nicely presenting mid-grade copy with great pages. Love it.

I'm on the hunt for a white paged Avengers #2 after passing on a copy last month; that's a nice looker, as well.

Thanks sacentaur, I'm really happy with the Sgt Fury #1, i think it's presents really nicely for the grade and it doesn't lose any of that appeal when in hand. In fact even though it's the lower grade book and Avengers is my main collecting focus im actually much happier with the Fury as an overal buy. Not that there's anything wrong with the Avengers #2 though, I was originally going for white pages but happened to pick this up with a bit less hit to the wallet. It replaces a good reading copy, so quite an upgrade for me :grin:

Edited by PsychoJ

It was a good day for me today - finally got one of my holy grails I've wanted (Hulk 181) and a nice graded Avengers!

WP_000155.jpg

Great looking hulk #181 Pauly and best of all nice white pages, bet your very happy

Thanks Tortoise, I really haven't been collecting higher grade cgc books for long so it's great to get good feedback about my purchases from experienced board members (thumbs u

Definitely very STOKED. It also came with raw copies of 180 and 182 - which I promptly sent to CGC today. They look like they could come back 8.5 or higher, so cross those fingers!

Also added an Avengers #2 to my main collection focus my Avengers 1-200 run. Not a bad copy.

[url=cd023762.jpg

That A2 looks better then 7.5. Very Nice.

+1 (worship)

Either that has a MAJOR back cover defect or there is some tanning inside there at the bottom cus that copy presents like a 9.0 minimum. Thats an awesome book! (worship)

Definitely jealous! I've been trying to get a nice #2 for a year and every problem under the sun has kept me from getting each copy i've found! I'm either cursed and am never getting one or the comic gods are planning to drop an amazing one in my lap :wishluck: