• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,454 posts in this topic

Once again thanks for the positive feedback on the Avengers #2 guys.

Jason, the back cover isn't as good as the front but there's still only a few small defects rather than anything major. There's a slight stain, water mark about 3/4 of the way up the back cover edge which can only be seen on close inspection and measures about 1cm by 1.5 cm. you can only just see the outline of this stain it's not solid. Then in the top spine edge corner there's some slight flecking of ink. To be honest I can't tell if someone's tapped the end of pen lightly on the back or wether its an original printing ink defect. These few specks once again only occur in an area measuring 1cm by 1cm. Maybe these things were enough to bring the grade down or there is something more on the the interior. But I'm still obviously more than happy with the overall presentation of the book for a 7.5, I also paid nearly a couple of hundred bucks less than the last GPA sale of a 7.5 so got a great deal. Even though the last may sale of the book is quite high.

I've been wanting this particular book...

(the Beth, pedigree one. Since I really am just fond of Bethlehems for so many reasons and its tied with only one other as the highest graded thus far)

...for quite some time now. Finally just decided to pul the trigger before its locked up somewhere.

Such a fricken awesome cover imho.

Doc.jpg

(the Beth, pedigree one. Since I really am just fond of Bethlehems for so many reasons and its tied with only one other as the highest graded thus far)

...for quite some time now. Finally just decided to pul the trigger before its locked up somewhere.

Doc.jpg

Beautiful book! I thought about pulling the trigger on that one myself!

Here are my recent Silver Surfer acquisitions. My goal is to get all 18 original issues, although numbers 1 and 4 will be tougher given how expensive they are. So far I've got 9 down, 9 to go.

That is a great series to complete. Half way there!

The Sgt. Fury #1 is the exact type of book I'd look for on a Marvel key - nicely presenting mid-grade copy with great pages. Love it.

I'm on the hunt for a white paged Avengers #2 after passing on a copy last month; that's a nice looker, as well.

Love that SgtFury1 and definitely one of the toughest keys to find. I just picked up a copy for my vault!! Note there is a 9.0 in this month's CLink auction :cloud9:

SgtFury1cgc70fc.jpg

SgtFury1cgc70bc.jpg

The Sgt. Fury #1 is the exact type of book I'd look for on a Marvel key - nicely presenting mid-grade copy with great pages. Love it.

I'm on the hunt for a white paged Avengers #2 after passing on a copy last month; that's a nice looker, as well.

Love that SgtFury1 and definitely one of the toughest keys to find. I just picked up a copy for my vault!! Note there is a 9.0 in this month's CLink auction :cloud9:

SgtFury1cgc70fc.jpg

SgtFury1cgc70bc.jpg

I do love my Sgt Fury #1. Thats a great 7.0 with nice white pages. Think I'll have to stick with my copy for now as don't think the 9.0 will go cheaply. Be interesting to watch the auction though

Doc.jpg

Beautiful book! I thought about pulling the trigger on that one myself!

Great minds think alike

This just arrived yesterday! :whee:

Silver Age Kirby cover and one of the few high grade copies that does not carry a CROW or lower page designation. :cloud9:

America%2527s%2520Best%2520TV%2520Comics%2520-%2520CGC%25209.6%2520Universal%2520-%2520File%2520Copy.jpg

Lotta points on that one (thumbs u

Silver Age Kirby cover and one of the few high grade copies that does not carry a CROW or lower page designation. :cloud9:

America%2527s%2520Best%2520TV%2520Comics%2520-%2520CGC%25209.6%2520Universal%2520-%2520File%2520Copy.jpg

+1

And a LOT of File copies apparently!!!

abc1.jpg

+1

And a LOT of File copies apparently!!!

abc1.jpg

Save for one of the 9.8s (Boston), pretty sure most, if not all the 9.6s and 9.8s are File Copies

And if you look at the numbering on all 3 copies posted, they were sent in at the same time.

125954.jpg.1965e577088c2b923e48d8cc8f0b5734.jpg