• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restored AF 15 9.6

182 posts in this topic

If that really is a 9.2 without the resto, then you should definetly be happy that the current attitudes toward minor restoration are the way they are. It looks absolutely killer, and restoration aside, that's obviously one of the best looking copies in existance.

I also believe that you can get the resto reversed, should you feel like doing so.

If that really is a 9.2 without the resto, then you should definetly be happy that the current attitudes toward minor restoration are the way they are. It looks absolutely killer, and restoration aside, that's obviously one of the best looking copies in existance.

I also believe that you can get the resto reversed, should you feel like doing so.

It's Slight (P) so theoretically it'd be reversable. Even if it brought the Universal grade down to 8.5 that'd be a decent deal... BUT, that's a sweet looking book as is and I'd be reluctant to do anything to it if it were me.

Thanks. It keeps showing up as being for sale, but the guy I spoke to on the telephone says that as long as I got the order confirmation email (I did), it's mine. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Nice purchase. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Someone was working at Comiclink 10:00 on a Friday night? confused.gif

Wow, what a book on Comiclink. It can't possible last long at that price.

Brian

Wow, that is an awesome book for that price. What was the seller thinking? I would have listed the book at 2 or 3 times that amount in the hope that someone would step up to at least $25-$30K.

$16K is just too low. Everyone knows I'm not favorably disposed to long-term comic prices, but even I would have thought seriously about buying that book at that price if I had seen it before it was sold. There's really not much resto at all and the eye appeal is spectacular.

Gene

Thanks. It keeps showing up as being for sale, but the guy I spoke to on the telephone says that as long as I got the order confirmation email (I did), it's mine. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I just checked the site and it says 'Sale Pending'.

So, we have a winner!

Congrats! thumbsup2.gif

Should've gone long on MVL instead and just parked the cash there. wink.gif TASR has defied logic lately. That's what an extremely small float and strong growth will do for a company.

It's a good book, enjoy it. I would've loved to jump on that one, but I recently shorted on Taser Corp and.. lets just say it hasn't gone well for me.. frown.gif

Brian

Believe me, phone call #1 when I get the book is going to be to Susan Ciccone.

Amazingly enough, yes. I had a discussion with him about the fact that their 3% credit card surcharge is illegal in their state (NY) and in mine.

Nice purchase. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Someone was working at Comiclink 10:00 on a Friday night? confused.gif

Have to ask - what will you say to Susan?

Good point Rob. I still want to see what Susan can do about getting rid of the glue and color touch, but I won't take off the resto just to do it. It'll have to make sense.

It's Slight (P) so theoretically it'd be reversable. Even if it brought the Universal grade down to 8.5 that'd be a decent deal... BUT, that's a sweet looking book as is and I'd be reluctant to do anything to it if it were me.

I'll ask her if she can remove the restoration without damaging the book. I've done a little research on resto removal and sometimes it's possible. I figure if anyone can do it, she can. If not, no big deal.

Have to ask - what will you say to Susan?

I'll ask her if she can remove the restoration without damaging the book. I've done a little research on resto removal and sometimes it's possible. I figure if anyone can do it, she can. If not, no big deal.

Gotcha! If it is truly professional restoration then it can be reversed. Only problem is you may have to send the book to Susan for her to determine reversability. Even the best of scans won't reveal materials used.

But this is a fascinating thread. No thread I know of has actually gone from initial purchase to the possibility of having the book's restoration reversed! Do keep us informed??? thumbsup2.gif

You bet. Since you're local, you can take a look at the book before I send it off to her, if it comes to that. thumbsup2.gif27_laughing.gif, this'll be the first time I ever intentionally worsened the condition of a comic -- and PAID to do it!

Gotcha! If it is truly professional restoration then it can be reversed. Only problem is you may have to send the book to Susan for her to determine reversability. Even the best of scans won't reveal materials used.

But this is a fascinating thread. No thread I know of has actually gone from initial purchase to the possibility of having the book's restoration reversed! Do keep us informed??? thumbsup2.gif