• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Have YOU Met?

83 posts in this topic

I have met and sold books to Leo DeCaprio, Rosie Perez, and Rosario Dawson who gave me her e-mail address... Anybody want it? I nearly met Ric Flair last year at NY. He did the Nature Boy strut in front of my booth while I did my best Macho Man Randy Savage.

Chespirito, Alias Chavo del 8, Alias Dr Chapatin, Alias El Chiflado, Alias Chapulin Colorado, Alias (Roberto Gomez Bolanoz) ( I was 8 but, it definitely counts!!!!)

Tito Ortiz

Jim Lee

Mike Cho

Dave Steward (Awesome dude, just awesome!)

Michael Jackson (Pure coincidence, in Caesar's Palace with my Brother, along with a crowd of like 100, no joke)

Stan Lee

Todd McFarlane

Blair Butler

Tyrese Gibson

50 cents' bodyguard (Totally fun time, I kicked it with him during New Year's Outside a Hotel in Amsterdam, did I mention it was fun as heol..)

Sam Elliot was having dinner at a restaurant while my neighbors, my wife and I were doing our monthly parents night out event.

I made the mistake of asking while he was behind everyone, "So who likes Sam Elliot, and what if I told you he is sitting right behind you?"

BIG MISTAKE!

lol

Please elaborate.. hm

Lee Majors when I was 6 years old and he was doing a tour for the Six Million Dollar Man. My grandfather told me to shake his hand, but I was afraid he would crush it - you know, being bionic and all.

lol

But I always remember how kind he was, and showed a lot of patience with all the kids that showed up for his autograph.

Sam Elliot was having dinner at a restaurant while my neighbors, my wife and I were doing our monthly parents night out event.

I made the mistake of asking while he was behind everyone, "So who likes Sam Elliot, and what if I told you he is sitting right behind you?"

BIG MISTAKE!

lol

Please elaborate.. hm

The poor guy was in the middle of taking a bite of his meal and our friends all spun around and yelled, "SAM ELLIOTT??!!"

He was really cool about it, though, and later on took a moment to talk.

I live in LA. Movie "stars" around here are a dime a dozen, so unfair advantage. ;)

I grew up in LA, so same unfair advantage.

I can say I sold comic books to Mark Hamill and had Andy Warhol take my picture at Oki Dogs back in the 1980s.

Gregory Peck

Jane Seymour

Regis Philbin

Steve Allen

Louie Anderson

Chad Everett

Cheryl Ladd

Paul Reubens

Roger Moore

Michael Caine

Wil Wheaton

Clive Barker

that's a pretty good list. Gregory Peck, wow!

also, were you able to have a drink with Michael Caine ?

I live in LA. Movie "stars" around here are a dime a dozen, so unfair advantage. ;)

In Chicago, they're about a quarter a dozen. Plus a ton of pro jocks.

Now that I'm out in the 'burbs, I don't run into anyone.

Because I live in Burbank, I have driven past, by, next to, and across from Leno on multiple occasions...he's been in a different car every time, and I've been in the same truck the whole time. lol

Doesn't make me special...just makes me local. :)

Word. It's just a matter of where you reside.

I've met too many people to list :P

Show off. You do it for a living.

:baiting:

The memorable people that stand out for me would be:

Lou Ferrigno (challenged him to a fight as a joke a couple of years ago)

Rhona Mitra (gorgeous in person, looks even better than on the screen and a sweetheart)

Lindsay Wagner (sweetheart and hasn't aged a day)

Al Feldstein (such a nice guy with a good sense of humor)

Bernie Wrightson (loves to talk about his work with fans)

Ayers

John Schneider (childhood idle, hasn't aged a day since he was 20, big as a house in real life and just the nicest guy...especially when you're buying him lots of tequila!)

Kim Mitchell (used to see him walk around down town Toronto)

Never met Geddy Lee but used to service his cars and drop them off at his house

Dini Petty (of Toronto City Pulse fame as well as her own talk show)

Jim Lee (rather to himself although I could have been a little overbearing at the time :insane:)

Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders...all of them...we were stuck at an airport in 1985! That was a fun time to be stuck. lol

Harvey Kirk (my dad recognized him when we passed him at the airport)

I once sat next to Nicole Kidman at a sushi bar. She was kind of rude, but whatever. Keith Urban was with her, he was nice.

I also sat next to John Waters at a movie once.

I met Adam West at a con. Does that count?

I've met a few comic artists/writers, but Dan Parent always stands out since he knows who I am. lol He's such a doll!

Edit: Nearly forgot. Many of the cast of The Wire still lives around Baltimore.Some of them go to the gym I work at. I always get star struck when I see them and giggle alot. Before David Simon went to film Treme, I'd see him around town.

Comic People:

Terry Austin

Bill Sienkewicz

Steranko

Kirby

Frazetta

G. Perez

Wrightson

BWS

R. Crumb

George Pratt

Frank Cho

Moebius

probably more I can't remember

Musicians:

The Clash (post-Topper)

Bob Dylan

Mark Knopfler

Al Stewart

Arlo Guthrie

Dean Torrance

Suzanne Vega

Winton Marsalles

Andy Summers

Ray Manzarek

Adam Ant

George Thorogood

Writers:

Ray Bradbury (visited his house and dined with him numerous times)

Vonnegut

William Gibson

Michael Moorcock

Wm. T. Vohlmann

Spaulding Gray

Kinky Friedman

Peter Carey

Ralph Steadman (I've worked with him, but haven't actually met him face-to-face)

Actors:

Ruben Blades

Jackie Earle Haley (I've known his wife for 20 years)

Michael Richards

Brad Pitt

Steve Martin