• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,897 posts in this topic

Eh, my Eclipse Graphic Album 15 only got a 9.4 :cry: It was seriously the best I've ever seen but I believe it. :sorry: It had a place on the spine where the black had chipped off that I wasn't sure how far down it would take it.

On the other hand my NYX #3 got a 9.8 so that I'm very happy about! :whee::gossip: Yes, I do send in some non-Dave books....

:cry:

I sent in 4 copies of Starslayer #3 (2nd Rocketeer) with the hopes of getting at least one 9.8 out of the deal. Unfortunately, I didn't even get a frigging 9.6. I have three 9.4s and one 9.2 coming back.

:P

Oh well. If anybody is interested in one of these at $30 each let me know via PM. I'll sell the 9.4s and keep the 9.2 since I still have a bunch of raw copies.

I sent in 4 copies of Starslayer #3 (2nd Rocketeer) with the hopes of getting at least one 9.8 out of the deal. Unfortunately, I didn't even get a frigging 9.6. I have three 9.4s and one 9.2 coming back.

Oh well. If anybody is interested in one of these at $30 each let me know via PM. I'll sell the 9.4s and keep the 9.2 since I still have a bunch of raw copies.

Did you have them pressed?

Did you have them pressed?

No, but the next time I send any in they're gonna go to Joey first. :sumo:

:applause:

It's a tough book. Tougher than most would realize. My OO example was in my collection for years until I submitted it to CGC. My second best copy I had sold to Sl4ppy, which he received a 9.4 on that one.

Starslayer3_98a.jpg

9.8 pre-screen :gossip:

You have to send in 50 books for that service...don't you? That's what the website says anyway.

You have to send in 50 books for that service...don't you? That's what the website says anyway.

Yes, but you can split up the group, say 25 at a 9.8 pre-screen and 25 at a 9.6 pre-screen. It's totally worth it for Copper Age books and a must for moderns that are worthless in anything but 9.8+

Yes, but you can split up the group, say 25 at a 9.8 pre-screen and 25 at a 9.6 pre-screen. It's totally worth it for Copper Age books and a must for moderns that are worthless in anything but 9.8+

Or learn the difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8 and submit them in smaller batches. hm

Well boys and girls I've put my registry set up for sale in the modern section of the sales threads. If you are looking to add to your registry sets go take a look. Pictures won't be up until tonight but all of you know what these books look like anyway.

I won't stop collecting Dave of course, in fact I think I might take a few of my signed copies of books and see if I can get them put in NG holders so I can protect them and keep them with my remaining CGC slabs. Anybody know what it costs to have a book done like that? Is it basically the same as a reholder since it doesn't go through the grading process? hm

It's a tough book. Tougher than most would realize. My OO example was in my collection for years until I submitted it to CGC. My second best copy I had sold to Sl4ppy, which he received a 9.4 on that one.

Starslayer3_98a.jpg

I just picked up a horde of 70s/80s unread books..pretty sure I have a couple of these. I know I already picked out about 30 Steven's covers for submission.

Man, over 700 posts in this thread since I last checked in....I'm guessing the market for Steven's covers is still pretty strong, huh?

Man, over 700 posts in this thread since I last checked in....I'm guessing the market for Steven's covers is still pretty strong, huh?

Based on the fact my Stevens sales thread has been rocking for the last two hours I would say yes! Welcome back! Can't wait to see those submissions when they get back. :golfclap:

Based on the fact my Stevens sales thread has been rocking for the last two hours I would say yes! Welcome back! Can't wait to see those submissions when they get back. :golfclap:

Congrats on the sales...the only Stevens cover that has really eluded me up to now has been DNAgents # 4.....anyone got a 9.8 they want to part with? :wishluck:

Starslayer3_98a.jpg

:drool: