• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof that He-Man and Prince Adam are different people!

104 posts in this topic

lol Awesome stuff... :cloud9: Unfortunately, a friend of mine and I decided to "share" our toys and I brought all of my stuff over to his house. Most of it is still all there since he'll never get married and have kids. Someday, I might ask him if I can have a handful for when my boy is older and they can have a second life.

WTF Kinda matchup is this ???

!Brg1d)QBmk~$(KGrHqIH-DYEvCizzQIpBLz+yqeT7w~~_3.JPG

MY MONEY'S ALL ON SKELETOR BOYS!!!

Yeah... I give Luthor the early advantage but between woeful magic and a plethora of incompetant underlings, Skeletor takes the defeat out of the jaws of victory in the last 5 minutes of the episode.

This sounds more reasonable knowing ol' skull-head (thumbs u

I was never big on He-Man and never had any of the toys. I was pure Joe and Transformers/Gobots and ended buying toys with the first and second wave of Ninja Turtles. Wish I had those Ninja Turtles since they where the recalled squishy/soft head version. I lost all my toys and as of late have been rebuilding my favourites of Joes while completing others that I will eventually sell off.

I had two figures with "squishy" heads Shredder and Bebop. I never knew they were rare/recalled. D'oh!

I got rid of all my Turtles and the majority of my Joes in the 90s via Yard Sale $1 each.

For whatever reason I made the decision to keep Star Wars and He-Man figs though, (oh and of course ALL of my Toybiz Superheroes)

I was never big on He-Man and never had any of the toys. I was pure Joe and Transformers/Gobots and ended buying toys with the first and second wave of Ninja Turtles. Wish I had those Ninja Turtles since they where the recalled squishy/soft head version. I lost all my toys and as of late have been rebuilding my favourites of Joes while completing others that I will eventually sell off.

I had two figures with "squishy" heads Shredder and Bebop. I never knew they were rare/recalled. D'oh!

I got rid of all my Turtles and the majority of my Joes in the 90s via Yard Sale $1 each.

For whatever reason I made the decision to keep Star Wars and He-Man figs though, (oh and of course ALL of my Toybiz Superheroes)

I had Splinter and the 4 turtles as soft heads. They where recalled because you could bite down on the soft head and it would pop off thus it could choke a child.

Year 1 of these figures 1988 they are all roughly 8 dollars each for the hard heads and 11 dollars each for the soft heads. Just a few dollar difference.

The turtles I sold to a guy at xmas so he could have toys for his brother and I used the money to buy my parents gifts.

As for my joes they where all thrown out and I am talking pretty much 3/4 of the stuff available from 1982-1988 including a flagg.

Year 1 of these figures 1988 they are all roughly 8 dollars each for the hard heads and 11 dollars each for the soft heads. Just a few dollar difference.

Thank goodness. When I read the post that noted the squishy head recall, my heart sank. I had all of those figures in their boxes for quite awhile. Then, one day, we decided to break them all out for target practice.

$11/ea, I can handle.

I had Splinter and the 4 turtles as soft heads. They where recalled because you could bite down on the soft head and it would pop off thus it could choke a child.

The turtles I sold to a guy at xmas so he could have toys for his brother and I used the money to buy my parents gifts.

As for my joes they where all thrown out and I am talking pretty much 3/4 of the stuff available from 1982-1988 including a flagg.

This is what happened to the majority of my vehicles and castles from MOTU. My mom cleaned my room one day when I was out of the house and she threw out everything that looked "broken" so bye bye Castle Grayskull (you could pop it apart at the hinges) Snake Mountain, and The Fright Zone (which I think might have actually been broken).

I had the opportunity to buy a boxed Castle Grayskull from the same guy who sold me the Fright Zone I pictured earlier. I could have bought it for a great price at the time. But I didn't want to spend what he was asking. Still punch myself everyday for that.

This young guy had a better comic and toy collection than the majority of people I've seen on the boards (killer copies of Silver Age keys). One small box alone blew me out of the water. He had every He-man figure carded, including the playsets and the tough to find figures. Complete G1 Transformers in immaculate shape. Just all the right stuff and not much in the way of filler. Same guy had 2 Amazing Fantasy 15s kicking around. Just nutz.

Pat

Went to my mom's last night and found a whole bunch of G.I. Joe vehicles. They were in a wooden toy chest that was probably closed with other things stacked on top for more than ten years. None of them are complete, but it made me think of this thread when I found them.

He-man and the Masters of the Universe IS what got me back into comic collecting around 1999 (as it lead me to buying/selling online).

It was always very difficult to find MIB He-Man figures prior to the internet market place, and I always yearned to have those beautifully painted Earl Norem Vehicle & Playset boxes back in my mits after such fond memories when I was a kid. I remember one day just searching around on either Alta Vista or Lycos (lol remember those search engines?!?!). And found a dude selling a near complete set of MIB He-Man figures on a classified type site. Contacted him and lucky enough he still handful left. I was able to score MOMC of those hard to obtain later series characters such as Scare Glow, Ninjor, Squeeeze. And one of my favorites Trap Jaw (this is a hard one to get in package) for like $20 each. At the time it was a bit of cash for me (just getting out of HS) but man to me it was worth it. Now these suckers go for upwards of $200 a pop.

I'll never forget the Christmas's running down stairs to find Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain in their towering boxes with stunning Earl Norem artwork on the covers...wow those were the days...*sigh*

I remember around 1995 or so, I took a trip to visit my Grandpa out in Spokane Washington (lives out in the Mountains). There was this little sporting store in town that always had random toys there, and I stopped by while in town, and saw that they had a whole aisle of MOTU figs in packaging, just like you would buy back in 1984 at Toys R' Us. Mint in Pack figs about 12 years after they left shelfs, it was the biggest nostalgic rush. Well, I looked up and saw factory Mattel boxes sitting all the way up on the wall. I asked an employee if they could bring some of the boxes down as I was curious to see what was in them. First one I opened, stocked with about 8 MIB Battle Cats, next one 8 MIB Panthor's, next one 6 or so Battle Ram's, next one Dragon Walkers, next one Attack Traks. I was like :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I had $40 that I had saved up and brought with me on that trip, and stocked up everything I could. Bought a Battle Cat, Panthor, Battle Ram and about 5 figures. Went back 1 year later with a couple hundred dollars that I ponied up, and there was NOTHING. Someone digested every last peice of MOTU items that were there :censored:

-bounty

Wow, that story is insane. I'd love to have a MIB Battle Cat.

I do have a Panthor in the box. But it's been opened. Great box art. Panthor is always so jacked when it's loose because of the material.

Pat

Yeah my panthor got wet at some point and it's almost like he had stripes the way the cloth material wore off.

That is one really cool story about the figures 12 years later.

I've literally had dreams about finding Star Wars stashes like that. Someone would have to be nearly brain dead for that to happen though.

I saw a carded Power Droid for $25 at a local antique shop the other day. Definitely would have bought it but couldn't remember if I had one. Turned out that I already do. Still thinking about buying it though because the price is low.

Cracks me up though as it's one of the lamer figures in the collection. But the price is more than fair to me.

Pat

Yeah my panthor got wet at some point and it's almost like he had stripes the way the cloth material wore off.

That is one really cool story about the figures 12 years later.

I've literally had dreams about finding Star Wars stashes like that. Someone would have to be nearly brain dead for that to happen though.

lol

I used 2 love my thin furry layered Panthor but a few parts of him wore down into blackish areas due 2 wear.

I have yet 2 buy a MOTU MIB or AFA but did buy a Gyro Viper AFA as probably the rarest viper being the tri helicopter Cobra Mambas driver.

I don't even want 2 fathom what a cobra mamba afa 9 would go for on feebay.

I think I may slowly slip into the MOTU AFA, after some comic conquests.

Rich

by point dread you mean the tip of greyskull right? and the orange and blue talon fighter?

If so it was 1 of the 1st motu pieces I got as a gift from my parents in the 80s.

What are you looking at 4 that?

Im on unemployment so not in great shape but send me some pics so I can see your item brother Pat.

Rich

I'm thinking of selling a boxed Point Dread/Talon Fighter. Box is open. But the box is in great shape with awesome art.

Picked up a pristine Hit & Run last week. Killer figure.

Pat

PS I think it's pretty kick a$s that you signed up here on my birthday and we have similar interests. lol

Cinco de mayo I beleive my bday falls on!

Rich