• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof that He-Man and Prince Adam are different people!

104 posts in this topic

Man-E-Faces and Webstor....I loved MOTU when I was a kid...they where my favorite. I had every single one!!! Remember Moss-man....or Stink-or, he smelled like a skunk...well maybe some bad aftershave!!! (thumbs u what about Modulok....Hordak and his Evil Horde!!!!

I had every toy in that poster except Battle Armor Skeletor, Orko, Stridor, and Prince Adam. :tonofbricks:

I think I still have all of my son's. Pretty much everything was He-man

for a year or so. Had 2 or 3 of the battle armor with the "dent" that flipped

over when his chest was smacked. That and all the damn Transformers

with the small pieces that I'd step on barefoot in the carpet.

I had every toy in that poster except Battle Armor Skeletor, Orko, Stridor, and Prince Adam. :tonofbricks:

I think I still have all of my son's. Pretty much everything was He-man

for a year or so. Had 2 or 3 of the battle armor with the "dent" that flipped

over when his chest was smacked. That and all the damn Transformers

with the small pieces that I'd step on barefoot in the carpet.

That had to hurt! lol

He-man and Prince Adam are different people? Blasphemy!!

I have a lot of them in the original package. One of my favorite 80s Toys to collect.

Clawful cracks me up in the pic. He's trying to carry the mace in his strong hand. Doesn't even look right in a painted picture!

And just like the picture implies, the Road Ripper sucks so bad that people would rather run on foot to the battle.

Pat

Man-E-Faces and Webstor....I loved MOTU when I was a kid...they where my favorite. I had every single one!!! Remember Moss-man....or Stink-or, he smelled like a skunk...well maybe some bad aftershave!!! (thumbs u what about Modulok....Hordak and his Evil Horde!!!!

Love Moss-Man & Stink-or!!

Buzz-off was a personal fav too. Sy-Klone and Roboto were super fun.

Always thought that Grizzlor was kind of silly. Neat toy concept, but looked a bit too cuddly.

Hordak, Evil Horde, and Modulok weren't my favorite. Like GI Joe, they introduced a 3rd faction later to draw interest due to the repetitiveness of Skeletor vs He-man. But it did buy a Fright Zone (Hordak's castle) that's never been opened and the box is in killer shape.

Pat

My favs were always Tri-Klops and Trap-Jaw.

Clawful would have been awesome, but the clawhands sucked. We used to switch them out with another character so he could hold weapons.

Our favorite game was to set all the figures up on a coffee table and then shoot them down with the missles from the Battering Ram.

Our favorite game was to set all the figures up on a coffee table and then shoot them down with the missles from the Battering Ram.

:o

Chris, such violence! What would He-Man think?

:baiting:

:o

Chris, such violence! What would He-Man think?

:baiting:

He-Man was always worth the most points.

grayskull.jpg
Not only are HE-MAN and Prince Adam different people, but HE-MAN has a TWIN!!! (Look at the Dragon Walker) :roflmao:

Nice one! I missed that entirely!

Those figures were by far the coolest. They could've kept changing color schemes and names and I would've been content.

Stinkor and Merman were the same mold but different colors for instance. The late figures that weren't the same mold (excluding Mantenna, Leech, and Grizzlor (these were just pretty cool)) were bothersome because you couldn't change out armor and arms as easily.

I forgot all about the meteor figures!

Here I am just trying to make a CA joke and now we've got a lot of people going down memory lane through nostalgia.

Oh and on a side note, my Thunder Punch He-Man (the one that was basically a cap gun) was destroyed after a few rounds of caps. I wonder if this was common thereby making the figure scarce.

It's been awhile since I bought some, but I don't recall the Thunder Punch He-man being rare. Could be wrong. I know I have him carded. Huge because of all the accessories and caps.

What's truely rare are the Wonder Bread He-man figures. During my time, I secured two (or what I think are two as they are pretty though to authenticate). Both are super beat up though. Different color accessories, hair, & drawers. Issued through Wonder Bread in 82 but no one seems to know the full story. I think only one has ever been found in the original bag.

Pat

Modulok kicked buttocks bro.

They also made that kind of Robotic Version of Modulok with 2 dudes in dissasembleable format. Cool character too. looked like they were wearing helmuts.hmmmm. can't remember name though

It's been awhile since I bought some, but I don't recall the Thunder Punch He-man being rare. Could be wrong. I know I have him carded. Huge because of all the accessories and caps.

What's truely rare are the Wonder Bread He-man figures. During my time, I secured two (or what I think are two as they are pretty though to authenticate). Both are super beat up though. Different color accessories, hair, & drawers. Issued through Wonder Bread in 82 but no one seems to know the full story. I think only one has ever been found in the original bag.

Pat

Pat I love your avatar pic. Had that GI Joe dude too. Croc Master. I really went hard into the Vipers in the GI JOE set. I actually gave my cousin my graded Gyro Viper figure which you really could only obtain from buying a Cobra Mamba TRI Helicopter back in the day. But heck, it was one of the coolest vehicles to get. ;-)

Rich

Pat

Pat I love your avatar pic. Had that GI Joe dude too. Croc Master. I really went hard into the Vipers in the GI JOE set. I actually gave my cousin my graded Gyro Viper figure which you really could only obtain from buying a Cobra Mamba TRI Helicopter back in the day. But heck, it was one of the coolest vehicles to get. ;-)

Rich

Heck yeah it was! I think I might still have my Gyro Viper around somewhere. He suffered an injury during a battle though. During a hard crash landing both of his legs popped off from the knees down.

Modulok kicked buttocks bro.

They also made that kind of Robotic Version of Modulok with 2 dudes in dissasembleable format. Cool character too. looked like they were wearing helmuts.hmmmm. can't remember name though

I think his name was Modu-bot and was part of the horde. The character Modulock was on both He-Man and She-Ra briefly working for both Skeletor and Hordak simultaneously. Then he was replaced on She-Ra with the robotic version.

modulokensuesplendorwm9.jpg

multibot.jpg

modulokbox.jpg

I think my modulock toy eventually was reduced to the cat eyed head and the neck and an arm. I used to find legs and arms all the time at flea markets back in the 90s. Not so much now...people probably throw them away not realizing that they're actually in demand.

Ya know what bro? Being a guy and having to watch She-Ra get the cooler bad guy then not watch She-Ra as it was SHE-RA afterall pissed me off. The Horde killed most of skeletor's dunces.

Wish they would have had a bit more interaction with regards to universes so we as He-Man fans would have seen more Mantenna / Leach / hordebots / Modulok / Grizzlor and so on and so forth as I'm sure you and all other MOTU fans did... ;-)

Rich

I am going to post my absolute 3 favorite MOTU figures from my 1980 3-12 year old days and hope you all will follow. I know this thread was made as a joke but clearly alot of us have MOTU nostalgia.

Rich

PS the way to best do it is to click REPLY and then go to ebay or another like ebay site and right click on photo then scroll down 2 properties.

Copy the address URL and paste in in the

3rd ICON OVER after the envelope icon friends ;-)

Like this

!Bu7ukFg!mk~$(KGrHqR,!iIEv1+0EquVBMCcg+1zpw~~_12.JPG

Mosquitor1.jpg

and lastly

MOTU_Squeeze_AFA_80-80-85-80_15889260.jpg

:-) Rich

Oh man! :headbang:

This thread is rife with nostalgia! No less, "Beat It" just began on my Pandora streaming radio--how funny is that?

7 years old and I was RABID for a Beastman figure--same mold as Moss Man--who I believed was his brother-cousin of some sort but Beastman lost his fuzz and turned orange when he became evil. You have to love kids' imaginations.

GREAT post!