• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof that He-Man and Prince Adam are different people!

104 posts in this topic

Oh man! :headbang:

This thread is rife with nostalgia! No less, "Beat It" just began on my Pandora streaming radio--how funny is that?

7 years old and I was RABID for a Beastman figure--same mold as Moss Man--who I believed was his brother-cousin of some sort but Beastman lost his fuzz and turned orange when he became evil. You have to love kids' imaginations.

GREAT post!

Have you seen the New Figures Mattel has been releasing on mattycollector.com?

Wow, didn't realize there were so many MOTU fans!

I'll post some pics of my personal stuff this weekend. Got most of it pre-AFA, so it's definitely not the best. But most of it is packaged.

Remember Skeletor Terror Claws?

Thanks for the avatar props. Croc Master was always my favorite along with the BATS. I haven't found a Gyro Viper yet. But just bought a Techno-Viper (good times).

Pat

Not sure if people saw the Commemorative MOTU from around 2000.

They look and are packaged exactly like in the 80s. Have a great exterior package around the original packaging. Really nice.

I've been thinking about selling mine. But it's a tough decision because they look so cool.

Pat

I'll post some pics of my personal stuff this weekend. Got most of it pre-AFA, so it's definitely not the best. But most of it is packaged.

Thanks for the avatar props. Croc Master was always my favorite along with the BATS. I haven't found a Gyro Viper yet. But just bought a Techno-Viper (good times).

Pat

Wow.... uncanny how similar our tastes are. I listed my 3 fav MOTUs but only said I collected vipers primarily.

3 Fav Joes:

1- Alley Viper

2- Techno Viper

3- 1988 or so Camoflague Storm Shadow with hood

and I loved B.A.T.S

Great taste bro. love 2 see some of your figs.

I'm wasting all my money on books never had enough 2 get going on AFA but always thought of it. Whether Joes. MOTU, or Thundercats and possibly secret wars..... so many possibilities....

Nice 2 meet ya or anyone who likes action figures

Rich

The ones I liked were the older ones like these:

!BshvGK!CGk~$(KGrHqIOKi!EvHIcWnkiBL4MiBlTzw~~_35.JPG

Mer-Man

!Bm2bqhQCGk~$(KGrHqMH-DEEtm2RJGscBLhIW)PF+Q~~_35.JPG

Trap Jaw

!BvPT4gwB2k~$(KGrHqYOKm4EvyFnk,T3BMDszMij(g~~_35.JPG

Tri-Clops

7db2_35.JPG

Faker

!Bt!geHw!Wk~$(KGrHqUOKkMEvPWg7yDOBL6InBsYwg~~_35.JPG

Stinkor

Honorable Mentions: Webster and Whiplash, I also liked the Porcupine character with the retractable trident.

Also the blue vehicle that had the flying part on the front and the wheeled cannon/tank whose name escapes me was my favorite vehicle. Usually piloted by Mer-Man, on the cartoon it seemed like it was used by both sides.

Found it! Battle Ram!

180px-Battleram_1982.jpg

Pat

Wow.... uncanny how similar our tastes are. I listed my 3 fav MOTUs but only said I collected vipers primarily.

3 Fav Joes:

1- Alley Viper

2- Techno Viper

3- 1988 or so Camoflague Storm Shadow with hood

and I loved B.A.T.S

Great taste bro. love 2 see some of your figs.

I'm wasting all my money on books never had enough 2 get going on AFA but always thought of it. Whether Joes. MOTU, or Thundercats and possibly secret wars..... so many possibilities....

Nice 2 meet ya or anyone who likes action figures

Rich

Alley Viper was also one of my favs, I also like Hardball but mostly because of his gun. (Hello Out of Context thread).

In no particular order.

1. Alley Viper

2. Tunnel Rat

3. Serpentor

4. Road Pig (Cinder Block On A Stick!)

5. Zaranna

6. Gnawgahyde

7. Destro

8. Dr. Mindbender

9. Tomax & Xamot

10. Sgt. Slaughter (I didn't have Duke or Hawk or Flint so this was usually the leader of my Joes(I also only had the Fred VII version of Cobra Commander))

Oh man! :headbang:

This thread is rife with nostalgia! No less, "Beat It" just began on my Pandora streaming radio--how funny is that?

7 years old and I was RABID for a Beastman figure--same mold as Moss Man--who I believed was his brother-cousin of some sort but Beastman lost his fuzz and turned orange when he became evil. You have to love kids' imaginations.

GREAT post!

Have you seen the New Figures Mattel has been releasing on mattycollector.com?

no But Im gonna take a look

tks 4 heads up bro

Ok, I am officially in nostalgia overload. lol SO many toys to recall--many already mentioned :cloud9:

Croc Master! lol Oh MAN! From out of nowhere! This is great. Seriously, it's like a timewarp of 20-25 years ago (God, has been THAT long???)!

I'll get some of those pics tonight!

That Stinkor looks so awesome in the AFA case (they did a good presentation job).

For Joes:

That hooded Storm Shadow has really grown on me.

Don't know why, but I friggin love Hit & Run too!

Mutt, with Junkyard, has to be one of the overall best toys with accessories.

And I don't see a lot of love, but the Strato-Viper was always a personnal fav. Of course, he had one of the best vehicles too.

Last but not least, seems like a lot of people loved Shockwave. Such a great figure. Only recently saw the Night Force version and now I want that one even more (kind of pricey).

Pat

Hydro Viper

and

Toxo Vipers with the helmuts were 2 favs as well

As I said though a full fledged Viper nut lol

HEAT Viper

FRAG Viper

Rock Viper

Vipers

Tele Vipers

Strato Viper

Motor Viper

Laser Viper

Range Viper

Alley Viper

Techno Viper

Night Viper

Gyro Viper

Astro Viper

Flak Viper

oh and the mail order only Ninja Viper seen on ebay while back

I like Storm Shadow and any of the ninjas or ninja like pre 1990 along with any of the figures with masks such as Beachhead and Shockwave.

As for vipers there is a few I like including the Techno viper and Alley Viper which I just recently completed both for my collection. Still working on my Cobra viper but completed a Python viper. Wouldn't mind getting a Night viper.

My friend the other day gave me a Street Viper from the 2010 series. I dont collect modern except Storm Shadow but he was still in a bag and had a card so I threw him in my big box of joes figures.

Other personal favourites are snow serpents and eels. Basically any of the snow or diver figures.

I'll get some of those pics tonight!

That Stinkor looks so awesome in the AFA case (they did a good presentation job).

For Joes:

That hooded Storm Shadow has really grown on me.

Don't know why, but I friggin love Hit & Run too!

Mutt, with Junkyard, has to be one of the overall best toys with accessories.

And I don't see a lot of love, but the Strato-Viper was always a personnal fav. Of course, he had one of the best vehicles too.

Last but not least, seems like a lot of people loved Shockwave. Such a great figure. Only recently saw the Night Force version and now I want that one even more (kind of pricey).

Pat

Had Night Force Psyche-Out and Tunnel Rat. I liquidated a ton of my action figures in the mid 90s in a garage sale though so I'm not sure what I have left. I know my Ninja Turtles flew out at a $1 each. Had tons of them too. Ah well.

I like Storm Shadow and any of the ninjas or ninja like pre 1990 along with any of the figures with masks such as Beachhead and Shockwave.

As for vipers there is a few I like including the Techno viper and Alley Viper which I just recently completed both for my collection. Still working on my Cobra viper but completed a Python viper. Wouldn't mind getting a Night viper.

My friend the other day gave me a Street Viper from the 2010 series. I dont collect modern except Storm Shadow but he was still in a bag and had a card so I threw him in my big box of joes figures.

Other personal favourites are snow serpents and eels. Basically any of the snow or diver figures.

snow serpent and eels kicked 2 for sure bro

Pat

when I was a kid probably 6 or 7 in 85 approximately living in EDM ALBERTA, I got invited 2 a friends birthday party.

My mother took me out 2 get him a gift, and this my friend is what I got him.

It was so hard to actually give the gift 2 him on his bday as it was the only Skeletor I didnt have. lol

Sorry about not posting pics after I said I would.

Having problems uploading.

Here is one. I'll have to do some more tomorrow during break at work.

This is an unopened Fright Zone. The green creature is actually a hand-puppet to grab Hordak's enemies!

IMG_08561.jpg