• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof that He-Man and Prince Adam are different people!

104 posts in this topic

Sorry about not posting pics after I said I would.

Having problems uploading.

Here is one. I'll have to do some more tomorrow during break at work.

This is an unopened Fright Zone. The green creature is actually a hand-puppet to grab Hordak's enemies!

IMG_08561.jpg

Dude that rubber snake was awesome but the 2 piece tree, well, I lost a piece every once in a while.

And by every once in awhile I mean more often than not lol.

Also I think the wooden looking gate was gone within 3 weeks.

A couple more:

MOC Battle-Armor Skeletor:

MOC Stinkor (since he's a fan fav):

You must be itching 2 rip those 2 open so you can

1..... sniff Stinkor

2..... Knuckle punch battle armor Skeletor lol

I'm pretty sure I have them both loose.

I don't think the Stinkor smells anymore. Was it something loaded?

You're right about the Fright Zone tree. It was kind of annoying.

I just love the artwork on the old boxes. Good contrast to the Pictorial boxes for Star Wars (which were cool too).

Pat

The thing that bothered me about The Fright Zone playset was that it looked nothing like The Fright Zone on the cartoon (then again neither did Snake Mountain).

I really liked the holding cell though. That was a pretty cool touch.

I think the Terror Drome from G.I. Joe also had a holding cell. I'm not 100% sure. I didn't have one and my cousin that did was such a D-bag about letting anyone touch his stuff.

Yeah, Snake Mountain really bugged me (toy vs cartoon). The cartoon tower was awesome. The toy, not so much.

So crazy that I wanted all the forts. We never used them as we usually played outside (so all of the characters lived in trees in the summer, snow forts in the winter). On the off chance we were inside, the bookshelves made excellent quarters.

Don't get me wrong, those playsets were awesome. I just wish they matched more closely to what was on the cartoon. In my head I always figured Castle Grayskull (the toy) had an unlimited interior so basically the figures could walk through the front door and then the rest of the day "they could be inside the castle", I also think with the various accessories they made the best toys. Even now I'm remembering how cool Snake Mountain's trap door that dropped down into a net was in comparison with the hmm...nothing comparable in today's toys actually. A tub of legos is $50 nowadays.

Sorry about not posting pics after I said I would.

Having problems uploading.

Here is one. I'll have to do some more tomorrow during break at work.

This is an unopened Fright Zone. The green creature is actually a hand-puppet to grab Hordak's enemies!

IMG_08561.jpg

WOW!

What a blast from the past! I definitely had this set when I was little and didn't even remember it until I saw this picture. Crazy! Memories :cloud9:

I avoided this thread for nearly a week, but with 59 replies, I had to see if the rumors were true...

...and yes, you all ARE completely off your rockers.

I SMELL MOTU ENVY RMA!!!!

No....I forgot to flush.

Sorry.

[quote=

I just love the artwork on the old boxes. Good contrast to the Pictorial boxes for Star Wars (which were cool too).

Pat

definitely, the artwork on these boxes is great!

A few more.

One of my favorites, Spydor! Definitely one of my more treasured MOTU pieces. I had a loose one too, but I must have sold it.

IMG_08571.jpg

Thunder-Punch He-man. The card has seen better days. But it has the original caps and the bubble isn't cracked.

IMG_08581.jpg

The price you pay for high grade afa figures is a tad too much but if it was lowered, perhaps something Id enjoy getting into.

I look up afa once per 10 cgc look ups on ebay searches. Always cool to look at MOC or MIB action figures of our past being TRANSFORMERS, GI JOE, HE MAN & MOTU, THUNDERCATS, SUPER POWERS, SECRET WARS, DUNGEONS N DRAGONS, M.A.S.K, etc etc lol

I dug out my MOTU figures (what ones I have left) yesterday and gave my son the Skeletor with the water squirting dragon on his back (No armor, but I know it's this one because his head is solid as opposed to squeezable) and the He-Man counterpart to Terror Claw Skeletor. Twist his waist and his arms move.

I put the rest back in a box and will probably give those to him when he's older.

He told me Skeletor was his favorite. He's 2.5 years old. (My son, not Skeletor)

I was never big on He-Man and never had any of the toys. I was pure Joe and Transformers/Gobots and ended buying toys with the first and second wave of Ninja Turtles. Wish I had those Ninja Turtles since they where the recalled squishy/soft head version. I lost all my toys and as of late have been rebuilding my favourites of Joes while completing others that I will eventually sell off.

I avoided this thread for nearly a week, but with 59 replies, I had to see if the rumors were true...

...and yes, you all ARE completely off your rockers.

I SMELL MOTU ENVY RMA!!!!

No....I forgot to flush.

Sorry.

lol

lol Awesome stuff... :cloud9: Unfortunately, a friend of mine and I decided to "share" our toys and I brought all of my stuff over to his house. Most of it is still all there since he'll never get married and have kids. Someday, I might ask him if I can have a handful for when my boy is older and they can have a second life.