• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

I've been told that 29 is harder to sell than 31. I can agree with that.

Better cover = stronger price

Ive never had a real problem selling either...

For anyone that *might* be considering the Tec 31 CGC 8.0 (Ext-P) up for auction on ComicConnect:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=613157

Please make sure you read the comments in the listing! Particularly, this bit here, "incorrect married back cover"

Thought this might be worth pointing out...since, you know...CGC MISSED IT ENTIRELY.

For anyone that *might* be considering the Tec 31 CGC 8.0 (Ext-P) up for auction on ComicConnect:

Please make sure you read the comments in the listing! Particularly, this bit here, "incorrect married back cover"

Thought this might be worth pointing out...since, you know...CGC MISSED IT ENTIRELY.

:sick: that's for sure. They are human at CGC lol. Goes to show you that it is wise to know your comics...front to back. It was graded July 2000. I suppose it is very possible that Borock & company didn't miss it but the error was that it didn't get typed onto the label..? We have seen errors on labels before. Buy the book not the label.

It's also missed in the body of text description ...

"This copy boasts absolutely crackerjack restoration and beautifully presents as a high-grade book. The colors pop right off the page and you can almost sense the excitement readers of the era experienced upon seeing the foreboding visage of the newly-minted Batman on newsstands. The bright yellows and reds read well against the dark, gloomy brown and gray imagery. Looming above the gothic scenery is an exceptionally long-eared rendering of a troubled hero that would soon take the pop-culture world by storm. All early Detective Comics are highly sought-after, valuable, and important pieces of comic-book lore."

:sick: that's for sure. They are human at CGC lol. Goes to show you that it is wise to know your comics...front to back. It was graded July 2000. I suppose it is very possible that Borock & company didn't miss it but the error was that it didn't get typed onto the label..? We have seen errors on labels before. Buy the book not the label.

Wrong grade attributed too. Wrong back cover is certainly NOT a 8.0.

It's also missed in the body of text description ...

"This copy boasts absolutely crackerjack restoration and beautifully presents as a high-grade book. The colors pop right off the page and you can almost sense the excitement readers of the era experienced upon seeing the foreboding visage of the newly-minted Batman on newsstands. The bright yellows and reds read well against the dark, gloomy brown and gray imagery. Looming above the gothic scenery is an exceptionally long-eared rendering of a troubled hero that would soon take the pop-culture world by storm. All early Detective Comics are highly sought-after, valuable, and important pieces of comic-book lore."

Honestly I agree with all points and I wonder if the price is being pushed, honestly I thought it would stay under 10K with a restored incomplete book, but it sure doesn't look that way sitting at 8200 with 10 days left....

Tough to accept to re-restore a book if you can find the correct back cover even. The back cover it has is VERY wrong not just a department number.

James G

Here is my Detective 29. It was the copy from the Phil Weiss sale. The tape has been removed from the interior spine, but the staining can't be removed without calling it restored. Spine is gone, so the book would a 1.5 or so?

312wkkm.jpg

Wrongly grade attributed too. Wrong back cover is certainly NOT a 8.0.

When I asked Matt about getting a back cover for my All Star 3, he told me categorically that wrong back cover would result in 0.5.

Here is my Detective 29. It was the copy from the Phil Weiss sale. The tape has been removed from the interior spine, but the staining can't be removed without calling it restored. Spine is gone, so the book would a 1.5 or so?

312wkkm.jpg

Awesome just the way it is!!! (thumbs u

Wrongly grade attributed too. Wrong back cover is certainly NOT a 8.0.

When I asked Matt about getting a back cover for my All Star 3, he told me categorically that wrong back cover would result in 0.5.

And that makes sense. It's still an incomplete comic until you marry it with a correct back cover

312wkkm.jpg

Congratulations! Nice copy. I know you've been looking for one for awhile ;)

312wkkm.jpg

+1

Very solid copy for the grade - great eye appeal. :takeit:

312wkkm.jpg

+1

Very solid copy for the grade - great eye appeal. :takeit:

agreed with Frank and Court. (thumbs u

312wkkm.jpg

I want that book (worship)

By the way, I googled the address on the front cover. It's in the Bronx and the house still stands!

I would love to look through the attic lol

It's probably condos now, with a one bedroom going for $900K. :D

By the way, I googled the address on the front cover. It's in the Bronx and the house still stands!

I would love to look through the attic lol

I love the fact that the book has the address on the front cover. Great book Ankur.