• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

By the way, I googled the address on the front cover. It's in the Bronx and the house still stands!

I would love to look through the attic lol

It's probably condos now, with a one bedroom going for $900K. :D

looks like it is still a single family home. Nice one too

4529%20seton%20ave_zpsugbfjic7.jpg

There is a new Tec 27 sale listed on GPA - a 4.0 @ $475,000 that sold this month. Anyone have any additional information on this book (where it sold, what it looked like, etc)?

Metro.

Very curious to see what happens with the Tec 27 CBCS 3.0 - and if the price is "soft" relative to CGC. If so, smart money is on a quick resub through CGC. I know if I was in the market for a Tec 27 I would be all over this one.

That could potentially result in a $60k profit after CGC resub (assuming same grade).

Just curious, why do you think that? Is it because the book is overgraded, or is it that the book wil have a lower value simply because it is not CGC-graded?

That could potentially result in a $60k profit after CGC resub (assuming same grade).

Just curious, why do you think that? Is it because the book is overgraded, or is it that the book wil have a lower value simply because it is not CGC-graded?

Based on recent sales, looks like Tec 27 is roughly $120k per point now. In that case, a CGC 3.0 would be a $360k book. If this one sells @ CGC 2.5 price, then that would be closer to $300k. I would expect this book to pull a 3.0 from CGC, so the buyer would stand to gain $60k in "value" if the book's price is depressed because of the CBCS label.

Very curious to see what happens with the Tec 27 CBCS 3.0 - and if the price is "soft" relative to CGC. If so, smart money is on a quick resub through CGC. I know if I was in the market for a Tec 27 I would be all over this one.
this copy was previously graded 3.0 lt/ow by cgc, fyi