• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Bought an 8.0 Wright Tec 28 in Feb 2012 for $44,812.50 - sold the same book in May 2012 as an 8.5 @ $38,837.50...for a net loss of roughly $15k.

44.8k - 38.8k does NOT equal to a loss of 15k you lovable math genius you :foryou:

38.8k is a bid of $32,500...which, less 10% seller's commission, is $29,250...a loss of just over $15k (and without taking into account costs related to press/resub). ;)

Well, there's a 7.5 (Billy Wright) that sold on HA awhile back.

Also curious about the Billy Wright 7.0 that sold on HA the same year (since only one 7.0 is currently on the census, and we know Bunky has a 7.0). Maybe the 7.0 was re-subbed and got a bump to 7.5?

Court,

I thought that Bunky's was a 7.5. Anyways, didn't G.A.tor use to own a Tec 29 7.5 at some time or another? Paging Rick....

I believe 7.0

Thanks Peter. I couldn't remember if it was a 7 or 7.5. It might even be the same one Bunky has now.

Definitely 7.0. There are pics earlier in this thread. The book is an absolute stunner (looks much nicer than a 7.0 from the FC, but is missing a small chunk on the bc per Gator's inside info.

Bought an 8.0 Wright Tec 28 in Feb 2012 for $44,812.50 - sold the same book in May 2012 as an 8.5 @ $38,837.50...for a net loss of roughly $15k.

44.8k - 38.8k does NOT equal to a loss of 15k you lovable math genius you :foryou:

38.8k is a bid of $32,500...which, less 10% seller's commission, is $29,250...a loss of just over $15k (and without taking into account costs related to press/resub). ;)

put it that way ...

Also curious about the Billy Wright 7.0 that sold on HA the same year (since only one 7.0 is currently on the census, and we know Bunky has a 7.0). Maybe the 7.0 was re-subbed and got a bump to 7.5?

Court,

I thought that Bunky's was a 7.5. Anyways, didn't G.A.tor use to own a Tec 29 7.5 at some time or another? Paging Rick....

I believe 7.0

Thanks Peter. I couldn't remember if it was a 7 or 7.5. It might even be the same one Bunky has now.

Definitely 7.0. There are pics earlier in this thread. The book is an absolute stunner (looks much nicer than a 7.0 from the FC, but is missing a small chunk on the bc per Gator's inside info.

Now you have my curiosity up. I will have to find the picture. (thumbs u

Depends on what kind of deal the seller worked out with HA. My guess is that he did not pay a seller's premium and may possibly have gotten a slice of the buyer's premium. At the very worst, the seller's premium on a relist is only 5%, iirc.

Depends on what kind of deal the seller worked out with HA. My guess is that he did not pay a seller's premium and may possibly have gotten a slice of the buyer's premium. At the very worst, the seller's premium on a relist is only 5%, iirc.

Ah, right - forgot about that.

Court,

nope it is a 7.0 old label tec 29. Rick sold it to Bunky.

Court,

I believe 7.0

it looks even better in hand (thumbs u the piece on the BC is along the spine and is somewhat conceiled at first from what I recall.

Court,

nope it is a 7.0 old label tec 29. Rick sold it to Bunky.

Thanks Ben. I thought that this was the case.

Anyone want to wager a guess on the TEC 29 CGC 7.5 hammer price....?

Seems like the market has shifted dramatically since the time the last one on HA sold. Does it clear $100K?

I'll go $97.5k

Seems like the market has shifted dramatically since the time the last one on HA sold. Does it clear $100K?

I think this book is extremely tough one to peg because Tec 29's in the 7.5 range come up so rarely that is extremely difficult to make a good guesstimate. With that being said, I would say just north of 100k (shrug)

I guess the question is how long until you get the chance to buy one of only two existing CGC 7.5 TEC 29's again and what will the market look like the next time a copy comes up for sale...

+1

Your above analysis coupled with the fact that this is an absolutely beautiful presenting copy makes this a definite shoo-in for the $100K+ club. :cloud9:

Yes.

Someone else pointed this out to me. I'm pretty stunned.

Same book right?!!!

2012 Book http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=451023

2015 Book http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=622318

Anyone notice that the Detective 31 is now in a 5.0 holder?

Someone else pointed this out to me. I'm pretty stunned.

Same book right?!!!

2012 Book http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=451023

2015 Book http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=622318

Anyone notice that the Detective 31 is now in a 5.0 holder?

I guess cgc fixed it