• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lhcomics said:

Probably a smart move to put it on exchange as I wouldn't want to be auctioning big ticket items for next few months until the Berk auctions are over and people recover.

Nice looking 2.5 for sure.

I'm very familiar with that copy.  It's a copy I almost bought back when it was fresh to the market.  Oh well.. I still want it, but can't pay current price.  Does it still belong to Court?

31 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Does it still belong to Court?

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

31 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

It's a copy I almost bought back when it was fresh to the market

When it was yet a 1.8 ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

49 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

When it was yet a 1.8 ?

Yep.. I don't want to downgrade the book at all as it is still a beautiful copy, but if the book were to be regraded right now and because of the new tape rule, the book will likely get a 1.8. So if I was a serious buyer I'd price it as a 1.8..

Edited by Dark Knight

6 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

I believe it was a 1.5?

No, pretty sure 1.8 (at least at some point) but if it started out as a 1.5 amazing how it got 2 bumps in grade.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, Dark Knight said:

Yep.. I don't want to downgrade the book at all as it is still a beautiful copy, but if the book were to be regraded right now and because of the new tape rule, the book will likely get a 1.8. So if I was a serious buyer I'd price it as a 1.8..

The 1.5 grade initially was a be too harsh and I agree a 1.8 price would be a great deal.

36 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

If I bought it my sig line would only have this 1 comic as everything else would be gone to make the purchase. 

and I would gladly take them all

Edited by Gotham Kid

19 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

No, pretty sure 1.8 (at least at some point) but if it started out as a 1.5 amazing how it got 2 bumps in grade.

I bought the book as a 1.5 from heritage (fc was detached)..it was never a 1.8, I'm afraid... an action 1 had just recently gone from 1.5 to 2.5 by having the FC "taped" back to the book... so I figured I could do the same thing...

and so, added just a sliver of tape and had it graded...came back 2.5 (there was already a precedent set with the action 1)...

keep in mind, this was 6 or 7 years ago, before cgc's stance on tape changed...wouldn't work in today's environment, and I believe book would still be a 1.5

Edited by G.A.tor

19 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

The 1.5 grade initially was a be too harsh and I agree a 1.8 price would be a great deal.

the original grade was very accurate...not harsh at all, imo

25 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

the original grade was very accurate...not harsh at all, imo

Sorry if my wording wasn't clear. With a full spine, CGC will not give a higher grade then a 1.5, and of course not after they change their tape grading
policy stance. Your Gatror magic worked. I meant being a 1.5 was to harsh, for it's the nicest 1.5 out there...with great eye appeal for the grade and it should be priced at a 1.8 price. Not calling it higher than the initial grade, but it is what it is.

Just now, showcase22gr1959 said:

Sorry if my wording wasn't clear. With a full spine, CGC will not give a higher grade then a 1.5, and of course not after they change their tape grading
policy stance. Your Gatror magic worked. I meant being a 1.5 was to harsh, for it's the nicest 1.5 out there...with great eye appeal for the grade and it should be priced at a 1.8 price. Not calling it higher than the initial grade, but it is what it is.

ok, misunderstood...you can actually get a 1.8 with full spine split (I believe that is highest I've seen)...

has great eye appeal for sure...

its in a 2.5 holder so will get 2.5 money, right?

4 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

ok, misunderstood...you can actually get a 1.8 with full spine split (I believe that is highest I've seen)...

has great eye appeal for sure...

its in a 2.5 holder so will get 2.5 money, right?

One should buy the book structure and appeal. There's  a nice 4.0 out there at Metro. Maybe 350k FMV for this copy? But anything is possible.