• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

I guess the simple fact this is one of our favorite books really goes to show how long we've both been collecting.  (thumbsu

Absolutely loved this book and I still remembered thinking this would be the last book that I would ever sell from my collection.  :luhv:

And yet it turned out to be the first book that I sold from my personal collection, and I still miss it.  :cry:

I traded my copy for a Batman 1 several years ago. I have neither book now and regret the trade :(

42 minutes ago, ciorac said:
10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

I guess the simple fact this is one of our favorite books really goes to show how long we've both been collecting.  (thumbsu

Absolutely loved this book and I still remembered thinking this would be the last book that I would ever sell from my collection.  :luhv:

And yet it turned out to be the first book that I sold from my personal collection, and I still miss it.  :cry:

I traded my copy for a Batman 1 several years ago. I have neither book now and regret the trade :(

Out of all of the books you could have traded it for, the Batman 1 is a real winner from my point of view.  (thumbsu

From just an overall pure content point of view, as detailed by Overstreet in his price guide, I feel it is by far the top GA book out there and will always remain that way.  :cloud9:

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

The consignor also has an interesting history here on the boards.

I've actually had a couple of transactions with him on the boards and all went well.

I remember the Tec 37 7.0 (Larson) selling $23,800 last September on Clink and thought it went cheap. Also a 6.0 sold in Dec for $21K and with what just happened with these type comics you can't blame a guy trying to strike while the iron is hot. 

I would think that the 3.0 Tec 29 that just sold for $66K makes my 3.5 Tec 29 that I bought less than 4 months ago for $40K more valuable. Much like the Tec 38 selling on comicconnect then the Tec 38 on Highgradecomics.com selling right after that auction. 

Mr. Storms in my opinion is one of the best in the hobby but it seems we have certain comics in the hobby that best be left to auction. A lot of serious transactions happen on eBay and the websites like High Grade etc but it seems even these places slip through the cracks with people that exclusively deal with the big 3 auction companies otherwise how do you explain the Tec 38 selling at auction for $54K when one in same grade is to be had with click of a mouse for much less.

My 2c

23 minutes ago, lhcomics said:
4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

The consignor also has an interesting history here on the boards.

I've actually had a couple of transactions with him on the boards and all went well.

I just read a thread Tony PM'd me and all I can say is :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Been hearing about Bob Storms' Tec 38 copy that sold right away after the CC Tec 38.  Can someone fill me in (pm if you want) on the details and a pic?  Thanks!

Sure Brian ! Complete history along with it.

Edited by Gotham Kid

It's interesting to start at page 1 of this thread from 2010. A lot of the pictures are gone but several are not. I wonder who can chime in and say I still have mine :banana: or :sorry:mine are all gone. :cry:

From the pictures Andre had some killer comics.

3 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

Some were listed on Storms' site. Didn't last long. :frown:

Edited by Gotham Kid

26 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Does the "Complete History" come with your attempt at buying the book from me?  I'd love to hear your version of that story.  

Of course.

26 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Bob Storms bought those Detective books,  they weren't "listed".

Were they not listed on your site for purchase ? Did they not sell ?

My definition of "listed" is made available for purchase online. Doesn't really matter by whom. Apparently definition differs from yours.

Edited by Gotham Kid

13 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Your note implies to me that they were "consigned" which they were not.  

Didn't imply anything. Only stated the obvious. They were made available. I also wrote "listed" not "consigned". You read wrong. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:
1 hour ago, lhcomics said:

Some were listed on Storms' site. Didn't last long. :frown:

Edited by Gotham Kid

It's all good. No issue.

By the way Robert, I knew very well you had purchased them as Andre came to me first. I lacked the funds at the time for a lot purchase ( he choose not to break the set up ) and he couldn't work with time payments as he had a court issue or something.

He had told me shortly after that you had purchased them.

Edited by Gotham Kid