• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, blazingbob said:

The scummy thing to do would have been to raise the price on each bid increase.

You gotta love ebay sellers lol

The 36 1.5 on eBay was spiked up to 11.5K late last night but is now down to 9K this morning.

The CC 36 closed at 10.

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

You gotta love ebay sellers lol

The 36 1.5 on eBay was spiked up to 11.5K late last night but is now down to 9K this morning.

The CC 36 closed at 10.

and the brittle pages will lower the value as well

2 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Wow I'm glad my set is complete. Can't touch these books at today's prices.

So true Ankur. Given the CC Tec 29 price,  you definitely made the right decision to jump on that Tec 29 when you did.  (worship)

8 hours ago, ciorac said:
On 3/22/2017 at 4:35 PM, Dark Knight said:

Tec 1 sold for $29k

:whatthe:

Surprised in what sense of the emoticon?  hm

Positively surprised in the sense that a once former hot non-super hero book was able to fetch a very healthy premium of just over 25% above condition guide price, especially in light of this hyper super hero centric marketplace;  Or

Negatively surprised that this copy of Detective 1 was not able to follow suit with the other 2 more high profile slightly lower graded 'Tec books that sold for insane multiples to condition guide?  A territory which used to be reserved only for uber HG copies or CGC's highest graded copies of books during the first decade of slabbing.  Especially in light of the extreme rarity of Detective 1 in the marketplace and the fact that it is a super mega key book in the overall grand scheme of things in DC's universe.  

Edited by lou_fine

17 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

I wasn't surprised at all about the sale of the Tec 1.  A classic cover and well-deserved.  

I thought it had eye appeal better than the grade suggested

+1

Most definitely, and that is why I thought it probably deserved to do a little bit better since all 3 of them had superior eye appeal relative to their grade.  :cloud9:

Especially since the other 2 Detecives basically blew the roof right off the building by selling for double the record price per points that their previous copies had just sold for, only a few short months ago.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

40 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Well I'll see how the trend continues because the Larson Detective #37 7.0 was just listed for sale on my website.    

For those of us who don't know, but would like to...what is your website? thanks.

19 minutes ago, ender said:

For those of us who don't know, but would like to...what is your website? thanks.

click on the pig icon and look to the left under Personal Information his home page

Edited by woowoo

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Positively surprised in the sense that a once former hot non-super hero book was able to fetch a very healthy premium of just over 25% above condition guide price, especially in light of this hyper super hero centric marketplace;  Or

Negatively surprised that this copy of Detective 1 was not able to follow suit with the other 2 more high profile slightly lower graded 'Tec books that sold for insane multiples to condition guide?  A territory which used to be reserved only for uber HG copies or CGC's highest graded copies of books during the first decade of slabbing.  Especially in light of the extreme rarity of Detective 1 in the marketplace and the fact that it is a super mega key book in the overall grand scheme of things in DC's universe.  

I love the book, and am "shocked" , pleased to see it do so well. One of my all-time favorite comic books

1 hour ago, ciorac said:
7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I love the book, and am "shocked" , pleased to see it do so well. One of my all-time favorite comic books

+1

I guess the simple fact this is one of our favorite books really goes to show how long we've both been collecting.  (thumbsu

Absolutely loved this book and I still remembered thinking this would be the last book that I would ever sell from my collection.  :luhv:

And yet it turned out to be the first book that I sold from my personal collection, and I still miss it.  :cry:

4 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Well I'll see how the trend continues because the Larson Detective #37 7.0 was just listed for sale on my website.    

Consignor tried selling it on the boards not too long ago Robert.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/408509-detective-comics-37-cgc-70-oww/

As it is no longer being sold here I can now comment on the book's history. hm

This was it's last stop:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1128265

Glad to see consignor is still being modest in his flip. lol

That is roughly the same price SparkleCity offered it here for when they first brought it slabbed to market, the same price they sold it on ebay (as no sale here) for and the same price it sold last year on ComicLink for. All this over the last 3-4 years.

Nice book but that bottom piece out will detract from a 50K sale. We'll see ...

Edited by Gotham Kid

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
11 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Consignor tried selling it on the boards not too long ago Robert.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/408509-detective-comics-37-cgc-70-oww/

As it is no longer being sold here I can now comment on the book's history. hm

This was it's last stop:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1128265

Glad to see consignor is still being modest in his flip. lol

That is roughly the same price SparkleCity offered it here for when they first brought it slabbed to market, the same price they sold it on ebay (as no sale here) for and the same price it sold last year on ComicLink for. All this over the last 3-4 years.

Nice book but that bottom piece out will detract from a 50K sale. We'll see ...

The consignor also has an interesting history here on the boards.