• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

The "Incomplete" text would also be in the right-hand side and bolded on the label as well, not just in the notes area below the title of the book.  They did it in both places.  I guess the new label eliminated the redundancy?

15 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

The "Incomplete" text would also be in the right-hand side and bolded on the label as well, not just in the notes area below the title of the book.  They did it in both places.  I guess the new label eliminated the redundancy?

+1

I'd sure like to know...

Wow!  Some weak results of several of the pre-Robin Tecs tonight at Comiclink, imho.

I wish that I had waited to buy my #30 and #36 until tonight.  I bet there is an unhappy seller somewhere.  That #36 was a pretty 4.0.

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Nice! The 0.5 closed on comiclink at $9125 tonight, making that 1.5 sale look like a fair deal for both buyer and seller at current FMV.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

26 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Nice! The 0.5 closed on comiclink at $9125 tonight, making that 1.5 sale look like a fair deal for both buyer and seller at current FMV.

-J.

+1

these sales are also in line with the recent HA Tec #33 1.8 sale for $26k.  It looks like Tec 33 is a pretty firm $14k per point. 

the 35 seemed a bit low considering how sharp the copy looked but about where expected and the 36 seems to have hammered with the CBCS discount.  they were both beauties for the given grade.  i think the 34 .5 incomplete that just hammered on eBay finished higher than this 1.0 tonight.  pq is a big deal with these books.  i also believe that pre-robins are collected by higher end collectors who have their sights on the other auction going on right now which dropped the interest pool a bit.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:39 PM, jgallo said:

Really the back cover is missing i think that clearly says it's incomplete.  My guess it that they only put incomplete when interior things are missing which cant be seen.

James G

That's what I would imagine

14 minutes ago, Riddler said:

congrats on the book!  It's a great looking copy.

I dropped out of the bidding on this one once I struck a deal for a 1.5 with a fellow boardie.

I've been saying, for many, many years that Detective Comics #33 has some of the greatest potential there is amongst GA books. The historical significance of Batman's origin is impossible to overstate. If 0.5 copies are now pushing five-figures, that may finally be coming to fruition. 

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

When I had my Tec 33 years back, it used to be at around $2500 a point :cry:

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

When I had my Tec 33 years back, it used to be at around $2500 a point :cry:

I traded my 4.5 copy at just under $2900 ppp about nine years ago.