• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone buy mystery lots? UPDATE : GREAT lot Pics Video added

47 posts in this topic

Let me go ahead and say this as my PM box is going berzerk........ I have NO idea what I'm going to do with most of this stuff. Some will go into my collection, some will be sold raw, some probably slabbed and then sold. It will obviously be a while before I go through them all and get them sorted and graded but I welcome you to continue to send me PMs so I know who has interest in what books.

as far as statistics goes, I think that would be qualified as an outlier or fat tail, depending on your terminology (i.e. like 1 in a million or a lottery win).

Imagine how many posts could be filled with image, turok, new kids on the block, etc...

Congrats to you, glad to see someone get something nice for once.

Let me go ahead and say this as my PM box is going berzerk........ I have NO idea what I'm going to do with most of this stuff. Some will go into my collection, some will be sold raw, some probably slabbed and then sold. It will obviously be a while before I go through them all and get them sorted and graded but I welcome you to continue to send me PMs so I know who has interest in what books.

lol Welcome to the boards! lol

My grading probably isnt the best in the world as I actually stopped collecting back in the early 90s and just got back into it about 6 months ago. I know....heck of a way to restart the hobby! I'll post the keys in the grading section with bigger scans and see what you guys think.

"...sold the really good ones and this is what's left...

If they don't consider any of those to be 'good ones', I'd love to have seen what else was in that collection before they cherry-picked it!

At any rate, congrats on the score!

That was my impression as well.. Sold all the good ones and left those? What did they sell?

Thanks for posting the link! (thumbs u

Someone got a Blue Bolt Volume 9, issue 9 - May-June 1949 for $.99 cents + shipping.

Excellent Black Cat Western Vol. 1 No. 17 May, 1949 $4.20 + shipping