• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

i think i saw one at the fan appreciation show in toronto earlier this year but it was 90 dollars i think, and i had no clue what it was (though clearly elflord) so i passed

I have been to every fan appreciation show in toronto and never seen one. Maybe I need to start checking out some other dealers.

I just saw a copy of that Windblade at FanExpo and wondered what it was. I did not get close to it to check price either, but I remember it clearly as it was something I had not seen before!

That is where I bought it. The dealer told me he also had an Elflord #1 and someone bought it a few hours before I came. I guess the other collector didn't realize that they were connected.

cool. what did you pay?

Here is one of the NEC Newsletter Tick appearances. I think it is the second one, but I am not positive. Whatever the case, they are rare and this one is cherry.

#14 is the 1st appearance of Tick. Andy/October has one.

Nice guys. How many of those did the Tick show up in? (Individual issues, not how many of each issue, wiseacres.)

From wiki, which doesn't always mean accurate information.

In 1986, 18-year-old cartoonist Ben Edlund created The Tick as a mascot for a newsletter of the Brockton, Massachusetts, store New England Comics, where he was a customer. Edlund expanded this into stories, beginning with the three-page tale "The Tick" in New England Comics Newsletter #14-15 (July/August – September/October 1986), in which the hero escapes from a mental institution. The character became popular and the store financed a black-and-white comic book series, with the first issue released in June, 1988, and subsequently reprinted at least nine times through the next decade, including later editions with additional content. The Tick's sidekick, Arthur, was introduced in The Tick #4 (April 1989).

DC Whitman DC Comics Presents #22

Is it real? Or a hoax to drive variant collectors crazy? I've not seen one in years of hunting for these, and plenty of other variant collectors have also been unable to confirm this is real.

I would be happy just to confirm if this really exists or not. I would be ecstatic to confirm it exists and to acquire a copy!

DCComicsPresents22-f.jpg

I have a few DC Whitmans. The ones I have don't have prices or issue numbers and the center of the DC logo is a W

Yes, that's the case with DC Whitmans - Whitman logo and no issue number on the cover. If you look inside at the indicia inside the front cover at the bottom of the first page you can determine which issue numbers you have.