• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

a related story to all of this is whitman created a second issue of, i think, shroud of mystery. it featured steve ditko art. the ditko cover was auctioned years ago at heritage. i cant find the scans and i dont know what it sold for.

$2,530 back in 2005.

Steve Ditko - Unpublished Shadow Play: Tales of the Supernatural #2 Cover

102752.jpg.cc6e709c17397d4aebd5433043524e43.jpg

Tri-Hydro Bi-Oxygenate!

So not Thai Baht? (shrug)

It's actually an interesting book. I didn't always know what was going on, but it was interesting. I will find my copies. They were signed by Paul Pope on the inside cover and have bled through terribly to the outer cover, but they are still sweet.

PS: This is supposed to be about 80's books. Gower gets 50 lashes with a modern floppy.

My money is on the fact that Doc Joe now owns that book.

Mine too. Thought the same exact thing. :)

Doc Joe already had copy #1, this book went to another collector. The book is not that hard to find, but finding it without color breaks is tough. I've been looking for two years. The #32 seems to be tougher, it is very odd that they kept the same numbering with that large time gap between issues.

does anybody have the original early - mid 80's B&W aircel samurai #1 and elflord #1?
I think I have Samurai #1, have to look for it. I have Elflord vol. 2 #1 but my Aircel vol. 1 starts at #2 for the time being.

does anybody have the original early - mid 80's B&W aircel samurai #1 and elflord #1?
I think I have Samurai #1, have to look for it. I have Elflord vol. 2 #1 but my Aircel vol. 1 starts at #2 for the time being.

yes. V1 not V2, everybody and their mother had those after the B&W explosion. :wishluck:

This book took me forever to track down.

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00734-20100815-2217.jpg

This is the white Whitman logo version. The one that grimace posted (sealed in the cool 2-packs) is the yellow logo version. Isn't the best thinking on this subject that the white logos were sold in the direct market not in sealed bags?