• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highgradecomics.com website down

39 posts in this topic

Bob, I checked using a free monitoring tool which pings your site from multiple locations. I tried this yesterday at around the time I posted in the thread, and just now. It seems the only location that pings successfully is China - perhaps an indication of the location from where the attack/hack is coming:

Remind me never to mess with you!!

He lives in Toronto. I live on California. He texted me once at 7am to tell me that the pants I was putting on didn't match the shirt I was wearing.

And he was right. :o

Bob, I checked using a free monitoring tool which pings your site from multiple locations. I tried this yesterday at around the time I posted in the thread, and just now. It seems the only location that pings successfully is China - perhaps an indication of the location from where the attack/hack is coming:

He lives in Toronto. I live on California. He texted me once at 7am to tell me that the pants I was putting on didn't match the shirt I was wearing.

TMI

TMI

Speak for yourself....

Ok, now, go on.. :popcorn:

:signfunny:

I went through this many years ago. It was an unpleasant experience. It started with a low-rate hosting provider. He was trying everything he could do, but the guys doing this were very determined and always one step ahead of the game.

It then began to happen with a company we were using for our dedicated hosting. That was the worst of the two because I wasn't really getting straight answers, nor was the problem getting any better. It seemed like every solution to combat the problem was costing our company more and more money, and we seemed worse off than when the problem started.

It got so bad that at one point, we were being attacked from what looked like an MIT computer lab. All the traces I ran pointed back to their school. I wrote a professional but stern letter to the CIT or IT director of the school, and explained what was going on. It turned out that the hackers were actually spoofing the MIT labs location, and while it turned out that it wasn't a student at the school and relinquished them of the responsibility for the attacks, it sure looked that way and that was doing more reputational harm than good. That's how crafty these hackers can get.

I wrote quite a few letters to schools all over North America that year. You would be amazed how many of the worst denial of service attacks are staged from computer labs. Out of sheer frustration, and with the only bit of sanity I had left, I started to put together a contingency plan that excluded everything I was being told by the hosting company, and which meant moving over to another company. The move meant some sleepless nights and a challenging weekend, but it's paid off because with the exception of a power outage (caused by a fire), we haven't had any problems.

Exactly why I don't wear pants anymore. No chance of mis-matching.

TMI

Speak for yourself....

Ok, now, go on.. :popcorn:

:roflmao:

It's actually the North Koreans who are hacking into Chinese servers that are launching the attack. Kim Jong Il just made a statement that if he can't have any sweet Spideys then nobody can! Darn you Bob, for not shipping to North Korea!

It's actually the North Koreans who are hacking into Chinese servers that are launching the attack. Kim Jong Il just made a statement that if he can't have any sweet Spideys then nobody can! Darn you Bob, for not shipping to North Korea!

HANS BRICK!!!

HANS BRICK!!!

Arec Baldwin! lol One of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen. Film Actors Guild. :roflmao:

Bob, I've tried several times to navigate your site and I'm getting internal server

error messages and pages taking forever to load. Unless they are currently

working on your server, I don't think you are out of the woods yet. :gossip:

Edit: Okay it seems to be working now. :wishluck:

Using that link I posted earlier, it looks like the site is still taking some time to ping from certain locations. If it's related to them moving your site to a different server then the slow loading should only last for a day or so.