• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Sixth Gun

5,597 posts in this topic

Just curious, why is the regular release more sought after when the FCBD edition predates it by 2 months?

I think the answer lies in an earlier post here...

Issue 1 had a print run of just under 5k, but the most recent issue clocked in at just over 3k. :(

Low physical print runs. There just are not that many out there. I would not be at all surprised if the FCBD run is similar or more. Thing is if the actual first issue is a 5K run then it's just going to be a hard find for such a good read.

I would hazard a guess that the core of collectors out there couldn't give a damn about FCBD until they actually have a run of the first few arcs, like jjeanius said it is a suprisingly low print run. Previous conversations on here allude to ComiXology and TPB being a boost for it longer term.

Personally I really don't care about previews or variants when it comes to collecting. Can take em or leave em unless they have original content.

Agree with you Garf.

As you seem to be the original Sixth Gun fan, any news on events in TV world mate?

Heads up for people in here :)

Cullen Bunn (The Sixth Gun writer) has a new series starting with ONI in March. Orders are due in about a week!

http://www.cullenbunn.com/my-books/helheim/

A NEW SERIES FROM SIXTH GUN WRITER CULLEN BUNN AND FAN FAVORITE ARTIST JOËLLE JONES! “Once the threshold of Helheim is crossed, not even gods can escape.” During the age of the Vikings, savage wild men and dark creatures beset a small settlement. A brave war party stands as guardians of the helpless villagers, but they are no match for the horrors rising up around them. One of the warriors, a young hero named Rikard, will pay the ultimate price in battle… but his fight is far from over. A gothic horror story of witchcraft, night creatures, and the undead.

Order Helheim

The first issue of Helheim comes out in early March, so now is the time to tell your comic book retailer that you want to pre-order the series. The Diamond Order Code is JAN131225

40e4pl.jpg

Thanks mate - is this a mini or ongoing?

From this interview below it looks like he has ideas for it to be an ongoing but that depends on sales. Won't hurt to pick one up to read :P

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2013/01/cullen-bunn-and-joelle-jones-get-brutal-with-helheim/

Bunn: The initial six issues tells a complete story, but leave some room to further explore the world. After that initial arc, who knows? It will depend on the reaction to the book. There’s a much larger world to explore, I think, and I’d definitely like to do so. Rikard may or may not survive the initial storyline. Heck … He doesn’t survive the first issue. It’s tough to keep him down.

Agree with you Garf.

As you seem to be the original Sixth Gun fan, any news on events in TV world mate?

lol ... Not heard anything else and I don't think there is much point in asking Cullen Bunn. Maybe it's easy to pull off a Western maybe it isn't. Compare it to Revival (their other option) where you simply have to have a contemporary set and wardrobe TSG suffers regarding budget. There are pros and cons to either. Where Revival falls over is that it only has 5 issues under its belt and has yet to prove itself a good story or had time to give us a bigger hint as to where it is going. Would have thought it would make sense for NBC to sit tight for a while and pump out another season of Grimm, I doubt they are desperate to compete with TWD like some people suggest. Whatever you put up against it is not going to stand much chance in topping it.

Although it's refreshing to not have the motivation of everything laid out on plate and there are hints of originality I am struggling to stay interested in Revival. The same could be said if it were translated to the screen. Diving in quickly worked well in TSG because the story is familiar, and I am glad that they have let it slow down a little (we can possibly say the same will happen with Hellheim as well given the pre-release interviews linked... looks interesting, will have to see though).

Looking forward to any show info / announcements this year, not just TSG... would be fun to see any of the current popular titles make it. :wishluck:

From what i know it was a retailer breakfast give away. I have no idea on the print run. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks. That's what I heard as well. Not a big deal either way. I grabbed one, but trying to figure out if I should grab another for my PC before any huge price spike depending on how good the book is/rare the sketch is.

Went to the LCS near my apartment today because I was working from home. I usually avoid it because the people that work there tend to be a perpetually unhappy lot.

Anyway, they brightened my day today by having the NYCC Helheim BW sketch sitting on the shelf for $3.50.

Snatched it up and gave the frowning rather round gentleman a big smile on my way out the door.