• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Sixth Gun

5,597 posts in this topic

Interesting to see what a TV announcement will do to prices on the bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160957465067?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Wow....got one a month ago....I am surprised....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251195915571?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

picked up two #1's at cover today :banana:

How are people finding these!?! Iv looked on like 20 different sites today to no avail.

real shops, not online.

+1 - Some may even have these in a dollar box. Go out into the world young padawan.

picked up two #1's at cover today :banana:

How are people finding these!?! Iv looked on like 20 different sites today to no avail.

real shops, not online.

I kinda assumed this to be honest.

My one LCS within 100 miles doesn't have any. :(

Yes it's instaheat :)

The watchers are in the upper 30's on issue #1's and probably rising ... some of them bound to be from this board or the other one. Thing is I don't know if it will cool that much because the storytelling and art is really tight. If you get a few past #6 and hooked ... then make it to #17 you will start to see more depth to the series than the first six issues standalone. I suppose speculators could ruin the new interest badly though as the print is too damn low :sumo: ... but then for TWD the trades have been a really good way to get people through the door. Hope TSG gets the same from it as well as on digital. It's not exactly like PP which got quite a lot of heat quickly and people are left on the fence because there was barely a trade out. TSG has got almost 5 arcs behind it already to get your teeth into.

The arcs play out a little like minis. 1 - 6 will be the best set to go for. 2 & 3 are likely to be popular as well but 1 - 6 is where it is at. As a whole the arcs together are so much more satisfying, so it's an excellet run/series to put together. I've loved it to date because Cullen Bunn knows how to mix the right amount of action, twist, back story and foreboding without wandering off so far that you lose a handle on what is going on. It's not going to challenge you but it's a fun regular read, even if some of the supernatural elements feel a little out of place in a western at first. Cullen is also able to mix things up a little with several ... errr... let's say "factions" all vying for power. Can somtimes find yourself jockeying back and forth between liking and disliking characters.

What's not to like? (Warning ... the spoilers are single pages from #'s 1, 5, 7 & 26)

... the supernatural

njlQFA4.jpg

... badassery

3UPHrbO.jpg

... storytelling

NIDBhM3.jpg

... pretty decent cast of characters

6wiIV4l.jpg

Fair enough there's a land grab going on right now for the early stuff, but if you are asking if it's any good then go and read it for yourself and see. Might not be everyone's taste but you can colour me fanboy in this post.

I also really don't think that there is much to censor or tone down in the book as a whole. Westerns have already dealt with most issues on screen anyway... you expect a certain level of violence... the good the bad and the ugly if you will... the righteous... etc etc. The only thing that I would worry about is how they are going to blend SFX into this. It really has to be done right if some of the creepier or monster-tacular pieces are going to be brought to life without looking .... well like I said "out of place".

Yes I am in that horrible moment where the fanboy in me is really stoked to see this happen but there's a part of me that is hoping that I am not going to hate the show :) You know? That thing that sometimes happens with say films like Batman & Robin / Daredevil / Green Lantern.... take your pick.

:wishluck:

At this point, I would like to thank Andy once again for the tip on Oni's website for the #1's at cover last month.

Thanks Andy (thumbs u

+1

Thats really nice of you guys.

Thanks very much,appreciate it.