• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unrestored Original Owner Action # 1 in sept Comicconnect auction

343 posts in this topic

Man,

I wish I owned an Action #1. :pullhair:

Something tells me I won't have much of a chance of winning this auction. :cry:

is probably a 375 to 450k book and presents better than a vg [though it isnt] thats the big plus here. When I first saw the scan and scrolled down half way I thought it was another 8.0 till I saw the bottom half and said z cause I over anticipated my excitment over the 1st top half.Dont get me wrong.Gorgious copy!

It's a beautiful copy; and one that I estimate to sell for maybe even 500K+ (due to the presentation factor).

Guess I will have to settle for my Tec #33. :cloud9:

your going to have to go the Heavily restored route to get an affordible copy.Its the only way outside of grandmas attic.

I would take an Action #1 in ANY condition; much less a complete copy with extensive resto. Single-wraps would be the only opportunity provided to me in my price-range...but I've already made my major purchase for the year so I'm all set. :grin:

Anyone think there is a way that the bottom right corner hasn't simply flaked off due to some page brittleness -- I have a Tec#31 that has a similar looking corner and received brittle page designation, even though pages seem supple enough inside while thumbing through it --- any thoughts ??

I wished I owned an Action #1 so I could sell it and buy a pile of Timely's. :cloud9:

Hmmm. Maybe I should sell my Timelys in order to buy an Action 1.

But then all you can look at is a krappy Superman book. (shrug)

considering that Marvel #1, All Winners #1, Young Allies #1 & USA Comics #1 all went DOWN in the new guide and Action #1 was up 60%, I would stick with the Action #1 (thumbs u

I wished I owned an Action #1 so I could sell it and buy a pile of Timely's. :cloud9:

considering that Marvel #1, All Winners #1, Young Allies #1 & USA Comics #1 all went DOWN in the new guide and Action #1 was up 60%, I would stick with the Action #1 (thumbs u

Marvel 1 going down a few percentage points was a token gesture. It should have gone down 25%.

Well I guess if all you are concerned about is guide value then might as well jump on the Tec #27 bandwagon as well (I'd rather own a Tec #27 myself). USA and AW#1 are not even top 3 most popular books in their own series so who cares. (shrug)

So did this book get graded at SD? PQ?
unfortunately, it had a lot of undetected resto...graded a 1.5 with brittle pages... not even worth checking out, so my advice to everyone is to just FORGET about it :devil:

j/k of course...looked like a nice solid mid grade copy, but was in the case raw all weekend...

Book was being given to CGC at end of the show so news on grade should be due soon.

Had a chance to have the book in hand. Has a tear at top of spine as welll as bottom (though smaller).

Book was being given to CGC at end of the show so news on grade should be due soon.

Had a chance to have the book in hand. Has a tear at top of spine as welll as bottom (though smaller).

you don't have to nitpick :baiting: