• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's a "D" copy?

137 posts in this topic

Bobs 3 WW Crippens before and after some scrubbing conservation minded resto.

Just straight up washing and minor structural/reinforcement work to the badly rust migrated areas to both cover and interior.

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

And not to turn this into the resto forum...but here are a few closer shots for those interested in seeing. And serves to show why washing the right book, and or replacing/reinforcing the staples should not be viewed as a bad thing in our hobby.

ww10b4.jpg

ww10aftr.jpg

bcb4.jpg

bcafter.jpg

Was great fun to work on Bobs WW's knowing what they meant to him.

Sweet looking work Kenny, thanks to you and Bob for sharing! :applause:

Is there a notable difference in the texture of the covers after washing?

Bobs 3 WW Crippens before and after some scrubbing conservation minded resto.

Just straight up washing and minor structural/reinforcement work to the badly rust migrated areas to both cover and interior.

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

Not to turn this into the resto forum...but here are a few closer shots for those interested in seeing. And serves to show why washing a book, and or replacing/reinforcing the staples should not be viewed as a bad thing in our hobby.

ww10b4.jpg

ww10aftr.jpg

bcb4.jpg

bcafter.jpg

Nice books :applause:

I'm incredibly happy with how they turned out :banana:

Simply fabulous work on your part Kenny.

My newest D copy... I've had my eye on this book for a looooong time. Definitely over paid, but since I couldn't get my hands on the #2 D copy this was the next best for me. Bought raw but formally in a 7.5 slab, going to resubmit it and hope for the best. :wishluck:

TrueCrimeComicsDcopymet8_5.jpg

My newest D copy... I've had my eye on this book for a looooong time. Definitely over paid, but since I couldn't get my hands on the #2 D copy this was the next best for me. Bought raw but formally in a 7.5 slab, going to resubmit it and hope for the best. :wishluck:

great lookin' book, sir. well done.

Agreed - a classic. :golfclap:

You have all the books I want Twistty !!

Nice

Nice

Nice book Twistty (thumbs u

Agreed - a classic. :golfclap:

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Nice

Nice book Twistty (thumbs u

Thank you both. (worship) FT you have some I'd like to get my hands on as well. :baiting: