• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's a "D" copy?

137 posts in this topic

I love all the books you guys posted :applause:

Thanks for giving us all a reason to show them. Nothing a collector likes more than to show off their aquisitions

I have a weird love/hate with #42.

I HATE what the cover represents, the first real indication of the beginning of the silly goofy Batman.

But I LOVE the cover as a stand alone piece of artwork and I like the story.

hm I haven't read this story in some time--is your dislike due to a move toward the more safe and PC Batman?

I always loved the looming Batman in this one. I will admit though it would be more ominous if he wasn't grinning.

:gossip: Now you should ask about San Francisco and Okajimas :grin:

Have you bought yourself a GA book yet MFGirl ? What are you looking for ?

I would like to buy a either a Captain America Comics or Human Torch for my first GA book (b/c I'm a Marvel fan :grin: )

I have to pay off some books before I can save up for a GA book.

Interesting how this thread went from providing info on "D" copy books to a post your "D" books thread :headbang:
All I wanted to know what's a "D" copy book.

I not only know what a "D" copy book is,but I got to see some posted here :applause:

Thanks for giving us all a reason to show them. Nothing a collector likes more than to show off their aquisitions

No problem (thumbs u

Wish someone would ask......Who's Jack Cole and what was his most famous contribution to comics ?? lol

Do some reading on the subject. It's an interesting story.

Apparently the early part of the "D" collection was stolen from the owner's house in Montreal while it was under renovation. Allegedly, the construction workers were stealing these books and selling them to Metro (Metro had no reason to suspect anything at the time) and they were coming to market in small batches.

Years later when Crippen passed away the rest of the collection came to market and the pieces came together (as the markings were recognizable and now the early books could be traced back to this owner).

I remember all the talk of this big collection being found in Montreal...there was quite a buzz and it was in the local papers.

Anyhow, a pretty good sized collection that did have some problems with foxing but besides that pretty impressive.

Wow,I didn't know that :o

I didn't either, because it came from a house in Piermont,, NY.

Interesting how this thread went from providing info on "D" copy books to a post your "D" books thread :headbang:

i only wanted to show the diff in the original hoard labels and "crippen" labels. i can't stomach people who just want to show off their books. exhibitionists, all.

did i mention i have these? a few even have the "D!"

blackstone1.jpg

bp22.jpg

bb106.jpg

dynamic17.jpg

dynamic23.jpg

dynamic22.jpg

dynamic24.jpg

mandrake52.jpg

kid7-1.jpg

mv1.jpg

MarvelMystery75.jpg

moongirl2.jpg

punch14.jpg

punch17.jpg

punch21.jpg

reddragon5.jpg

redseal21.jpg

scoop8.jpg

snarky.jpg

subby28.jpg

supmystery.jpg

ww8.jpg

i only wanted to show the diff in the original hoard labels and "crippen" labels. i can't stomach people who just want to show off their books. exhibitionists, all.

blackstone1.jpg

bp22.jpg

bb106.jpg

dynamic22.jpg

mandrake52.jpg

kid7-1.jpg

mv1.jpg

MarvelMystery75.jpg

punch17.jpg

redseal21.jpg

scoop8.jpg

snarky.jpg

subby28.jpg

supmystery.jpg

ww8.jpg

Geez, it's too bad you don't have very many "D" copy books. ;)

so i'm the only one that got stuck with water damaged crippens? (shrug)