• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 Art Viewing - Sign Up Here!

54 posts in this topic

The Comic Book Collecting Association (CBCA) is proud to organize a viewing of the Amazing Fantasy 15 original art at the Library of Congress. The viewing is the day prior to the Baltimore Comic Con.

When: Friday August 27 8:30 a.m.

Where: Library of Congress

The Prints & Photographs Division is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, so this time Friday was the best time available in the days surrounding the con.

You may bring a hand-held camera that can be operated without flash using available light for reference purposes. The drawings are housed under mylar and will not be removed during the appointment.

If you would like to attend, please PM me or let us know here. We need to get an approximate number of attendees to the Curator by this Friday.

More logistical details will follow as we get a handle on the number of attendees.

Thanks!

I'm in! (thumbs u

:applause:

By the way, folks...

The Curator has asked that we have no more than 15 people. So, if you wish to attend, don't delay in getting on "the list." :grin:

The Curator has promised that we will have a block of time booked and will be able to take our time viewing the art. (thumbs u

Danny Ocean just creamed his pants when he saw your topic.

Not sure who that is... but glad we could be of service. (thumbs u :grin:

Daniel "Danny" Ocean is a fictional character in the original Ocean's 11, its 2001 remake and the two films that followed the remake (Ocean's Twelve in 2004 and Ocean's Thirteen in 2007). The character was portrayed by Frank Sinatra in the original film, and by George Clooney in the remake trilogy. Danny is the only character that appears in all four Ocean's films as he is the main protagonist of the series.

Photo advice: most museums prohibit both flashes and tripods, but if you walk in on a crutch you can use it as a monopod for better than handheld results. Kind of an extreme measure but if you have a crutch lying around, why not?

Zip, now this is an Amazing Fantastic idea! :insane:

Would love to go but this is likely too tight between Chicago and Baltimore to make it.

Just awesome for whoever can make it, though.

:golfclap:

Zip, now this is an Amazing Fantastic idea! :insane:

Would love to go but this is likely too tight between Chicago and Baltimore to make it.

Just awesome for whoever can make it, though.

:golfclap:

I can dream can't I.... :cloud9:

WEBHEAD

:bump:

Hitting another bump for the week. We have three spots open so let either Mr. Zipper or myself know if you would like to come along.

We are also trying to tack on a tour of the Library of Congress's comic book collection after viewing the art.

Last :bump: from me this week.

Three spots still open for this opportunity:

Aug. 27th at the Library of Congress

8:30am - Amazing Fantasy #15 Original Art Viewing

10:00am - Tour of the Library of Congress' comic book collection

Let Mr. Zipper know if you would like to attend. I'll be out of town until Sunday.