• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not miss this thread: Mystery lady blows the lid off PGX?

486 posts in this topic

It can be proven and has been proven.

Whether it would stand up in a court of law, where the standard of proof is beyond a reasonable doubt, is debatable. Whether it's even worth prosecution is debatable. Patterson can easily beg off massive incompetence. But that Patterson is guilty of fraud and complicit to fraud is clear.

I meant proven so true legal action can be taken. Or something the BBB could get involved. It has been proven here not to do biz with them. But in order for it to really be proven legally to shut their doors...the evidence needs to be much more clear.

Legal action CAN be taken....with everything we DO know, imagine what we DON'T. The problem is convincing a prosecutor of this, especially because it involves "comic books."

The thing is these guys are taken in so much money they can afford good lawyers, these guys are taken in 100,000`s of dollars a year. We are talking they are close to being millionaires or they already are. I don`t think some people realize the magnitude of sales yearly these so called questionable dealers are making. So they can afford good lawyers.

Did all of her posts disappear?

Yes. Some long-time forumite on there started attacking her, and then the next thing you know the mod jumped in and deleted everything.

:gossip: They don't like any confrontation over there, perceived or otherwise.

I didn't "attack" her. I just questioned whether she was doing this to spite her ex or if she was truly concerned with the comic collecting community. Whether her information is true or not wasn't my concern and some of it I did believe. In the end though I was pushing her to take more action than coming to a public forum and explaining what most people in the know already suspect.

While everyone continues to talk big and claim this and that as fact PGX continues to operate because there are only so many people we can reach. There are so many more that are not in the know. Someone taking legal action would certainly speak far louder than a few select forums could.

I never once told not to post. I simply questioned her sincerity and tried to influence her to take her claims to the legal folks. She added little to what was already posted and stickied (at that time) on CPG forums and she certainly had nothing to back up what she was saying.

As for avoiding controversy ... I can understand their POV. They make their livelihood from their site (including the forum) and they know that regardless of whether or not opinions reflect what their employees think or not what is said WILL be attributed to them. Based on discussions or experiences there people here have opinions on what the employees are like there and don't do business with them. A few bad experiences or disagreeable content will absolutely taint the overall opinion of an entire organization. That is why many companies have strict social interaction rules and discipline those who breach them ... sometimes far more harshly than necessary.

I didn't "attack" her. I just questioned whether she was doing this to spite her ex or if she was truly concerned with the comic collecting community.

doh!

It was really not a horrible idea in the abstract to try and ferret out whether she was providing authentic testimony or whether she was just a spurned ex. I didn't see the ferreting, so I can't say whether it was over the top or not. I still think it would be amazing if there was actual, irrefutable proof of the "slab machine sharing" with Ryan Elliott, the take home grading and the slabbing of one's own books, as opposed to the (quite compelling) circumstantial evidence.

I didn't "attack" her. I just questioned whether she was doing this to spite her ex or if she was truly concerned with the comic collecting community.

doh!

Don't you get tired of all the cheats still being able to do business? People get all up in arms about it post on the web, warn people, etc but it is all anonymous, one-sided, and hardly enough to shut anyone down. The lack of weeding out the dishonest folks continues to taint the image of the industry. How is that a good thing?

doh!

Don't you get tired of all the cheats still being able to do business? People get all up in arms about it post on the web, warn people, etc but it is all anonymous, one-sided, and hardly enough to shut anyone down. The lack of weeding out the dishonest folks continues to taint the image of the industry. How is that a good thing?

Dont you get tired of blathering on?We all want PGX out of business.Christ on a bike(Thanks Nick)you and IM worked for them.What the did YOU do?

Sean

He took books home for sure.

doh!

Dont you get tired of blathering on?We all want PGX out of business.Christ on a bike(Thanks Nick)you and IM worked for them.What the did YOU do?

Sean

Worked on the website for maybe two months. You were "supposedly" used by them and you did sweet f**k all about it. I had no reason to make a legal claim I had zero inside knowledge. You and this mystery woman though have inside knowledge and all you do is try and clear your names from being complicit. Well you are.

doh!

Sean

Worked on the website for maybe two months. You were "supposedly" used by them and you did sweet f**k all about it. I had no reason to make a legal claim I had zero inside knowledge. You and this mystery woman though have inside knowledge and all you do is try and clear your names from being complicit. Well you are.

Where is the beating a dead horse icon