• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Morning Glories Thread

350 posts in this topic

Lost would have been a great comic. Especially if JSC drew it, his Lost sketches are great.

Totally off-topic but I always wondered why LOST didn't have a comic... I think a comic now either doing back stories before flighter 815 OR picking up where the series left off would be awesome!

Talked to a few in my shop today who read it. 3 things were mentioned most.

Some liked it because it brought them back to New Mutants days. Others thought it had a nice Runaway feel to it. Kids trying to break out and such. The last small group loves a mystery and thats why they like it.

Its now sold out in my 3 local shops. All 3 printings of the 1st issue and all of 2nd issues. I have never seen a book take off like such a shot. (Okay Branget Chew did this as well. Barf there I said it. :sick:)

I found one copy at a Brandon shop. Not a 9.8 by any stretch.

I ordered 2 online hoping they were second prints, but ended up being 3rd prints about 9.0.

Now, the second print, I've yet to see a copy.

If shops around here ordered more of the indy stuff, I probably wouldn't have switched over to mail order. Can't blame them though because they've got to buy what sells.

Some liked it because it brought them back to New Mutants days. Others thought it had a nice Runaway feel to it. Kids trying to break out and such. The last small group loves a mystery and thats why they like it.

Its now sold out in my 3 local shops. All 3 printings of the 1st issue and all of 2nd issues. I have never seen a book take off like such a shot. (Okay Branget Chew did this as well. Barf there I said it. :sick:)

:roflmao:

(thumbs u

This is already moving high up on my reading list. The flashbacks in issue 2 are reminiscent of LOST. I'm already enjoying the interaction between Zoe and Jade and Hunter and Ike. I'd love to eventually see some one shot fleshing out the stories of Miss Daramount and Gribbs.

I don't speak Latin, but I did plug what was said in the ritual into a Latin translator and it came out like this (highlight below if you wanna know) :

"a boundary mark to lie scarcely before man is fainthearted but her fortune is contest"

And that last page of issue two has has me really intrigued.

Now I just have to find my 2nd print copies.