• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I have two things that I can not get over that kinda bother me.

1) Zombies moving fast/ running (shrug)

2) Zombies are smart / problem solvers. They use rocks to break glass doors. They also climb fences. (shrug)

I would like if they kept the zombies as mindless....ZOMBIES

+1. Didn't care for the fence climbing.

I love the show. (thumbs u

It is different from the comic. This episode strayed a lot more than the 1st one did, but it still has the same feel of the comic. For example, what happened to Glenn and Rick tonight also happened in the comic, it was just in a different context with more action on the show.

I even like the Shane/Lori angle they are doing. This way what happened in #6 of the comic will make more sense and be more intense on the show.

If the show were exactly the same, I'd probably get bored of it. I think this is why I like the new characters. You don't know when they are going to die.

Lastly, I don't know who the actor is that plays Glenn but I thought he was great in the role. (thumbs u

Agree 100%

+1 I agree. (thumbs u

2) Zombies are smart / problem solvers. They use rocks to break glass doors. They also climb fences. (shrug)

It's starting to sound like the show will be the child of Land of the Dead and Dawn remake :(:cry::sick:

Still think the show is A+ ..but walkers not runners / climbers :sumo:

(thumbs u

I never expected it to follow the comic book exactly...it's just not the way it's done. My wife has real all the True Blood and Dexter books and she comments often how the show is moving further and further away.

Perhaps they do not believe they can follow the book entirely for reasons of casting, or just how the story can be told on TV, or some other reason. I understand the fear of TV people coming and thinking they know better and ruining things, but Kirkman is there, so I would imagine he would make sure the main points of the story are held true.

Right or wrong, that doesn't mean the show can't be entertaining. I've enjoyed it so far, with only the climbing and rock breaking being the things that made me pause. My wife has even watched it, meaning it has gone well outside the comic book world.

things i don't like:

lori being played as a complete whore

zombies climbing fences, using rocks

them bringing that racist dude with them on this trip in the first place

t-dog????? couldn't he have just been terrance or tyrus or something?

still, while i'd give the first episode an A, i'll give this episode an A-. at worst a B+.

+2

Fence climbing zombies kind of makes the fence around the prison being the reason Rick & Co were safe there a moot point. With that, I expect quite a divergence from the book.

+2

Fence climbing zombies kind of makes the fence around the prison being the reason Rick & Co were safe there a moot point. With that, I expect quite a divergence from the book.

The Prison angle can still work.... Prisons have barb wire at the top. Even live people can't scale them without being torn to shreds.

So was the racist guy supposed to be based on the character from Maggies farm or is he the guy from the prison?

If "Tdogg" is supposed to be Tyreese, I'll be a bit disappointed.

And zombies care about barb wire because..... (shrug)

...even the dead know she's totally HAWT!!!!!!

Barb-Wire-Movie.jpg

hey wait a minute, Drakeprimeone spelled barbed wire wrong first, make fun of him, why don't you :sumo:

Drakeprimeone, if the zombies can climb fences like that, it won't matter if there is barbed wire or not, they'll just keep piling on to each other and eventually get over.

Producer: Mr. Kirkman, here is a briefcase with $ € 2mill, sign here, here and here.

Kirkman: Okie dokie

THE END

:devil:

Edited by Thomas Nielsen

hey wait a minute, Drakeprimeone spelled barbed wire wrong first, make fun of him, why don't you :sumo:

:devil:

Your post gave me the best opening to use that shot.

things i don't like:

still, while i'd give the first episode an A, i'll give this episode an A-. at worst a B+.

lol well she was in the comics so it makes sense to show it off even more here! I lol at tdog as well I shall now start calling every black guy I see Tdog ... NOT lol The thing that I hated the most was that the zombies used freaking bricks to smash open the windows ...

I wonder when rick is going to use that nade! Something else that was not in the comics so it should be fun when they finally use it ! & yes them bringing along thatI am the leader insufficiently_thoughtful_person was really stupid of them! If these guys were that big of at the camp how come they have not dealt with them already .... its bs ... Oh well... It was still all entertaining bs at least!

Edited by synch

I didn't much like the bricks, shows a thought process they don't have, or at least that's my interpretation.

They could have had the same effect by just showing a zombie banging their head against the glass, or with some type of helmet, or something that could cause a break?

Oh well, I'll enjoy the show for what it is and not spend time or energy trying to pick out all the things that were different from the comic.

things i don't like:

lol well she was in the comics so it makes sense to show it off even more here! I lol at tdog as well I shall now start calling every black guy I see Tdog ... NOT lol The thing that I hated the most was that the zombies used freaking bricks to smash open the windows ...

I wonder when rick is going to use that nade! Something else that was not in the comics so it should be fun when they finally use it ! & yes them bringing along thatI am the leader insufficiently_thoughtful_person was really stupid of them! If these guys were that big of at the camp how come they have not dealt with them already .... its bs ... Oh well... It was still all entertaining bs at least!

definitely entertaining. i've certainly enjoyed the first 2 episodes. i can't wait to see rick use that grenade.