• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

You guys got it all wrong on Michonne.

#1 Vivica Fox is WAY too old to play her. She's 46 and not at all what I picture when I think of an kicker.

Now the person I do picture is....

Tracie Toms

If you haven't seen Death Proof you don't know what you are missing, she's great in it.

tracie-thoms-death-proof-med.jpg

Jasiki Nicole (astrid on fringe )

jasikanicole_150.jpg

twd19.jpg

I twittered kirkman a while back saying that she has my vote for the character lol! Look at her!! All she needs is the sword!

You guys haven't heard ? They changed Michonne to a Swedish guy named Sven...
lol

Well on a cracker doh!:P

Only if you mean it in the food sense of the word and not the "other" way.

jasikanicole_150.jpg

twd19.jpg

I twittered kirkman a while back saying that she has my vote for the character lol! Look at her!! All she needs is the sword!

lol

(shrug) you lost me here I've no clue what you are talking about

jasikanicole_150.jpg

twd19.jpg

lol

(shrug) you lost me here I've no clue what you are talking about

cracker can also be a racial slang word...we wouldn't want to upset anyone with that usage, y'know considering "dumb white trash" and the N-word seem to be so disproportionately appropriate to say...but obviously you were just talking about the saltine version.

I think they went the sex route with Shane because people aren't all that impressed by the betrayal of a kiss anymore. :shrug:

And when he rolled her over, I was like "that's what I'm talkin' about!" :banana:

You guys got it all wrong on Michonne.

#1 Vivica Fox is WAY too old to play her. She's 46 and not at all what I picture when I think of an kicker.

Now the person I do picture is....

Tracie Toms

If you haven't seen Death Proof you don't know what you are missing, she's great in it.

tracie-thoms-death-proof-med.jpg

I saw Death Proof the other day, well Grindhouse, and thought exactly the same thing. (thumbs u

I think they went the sex route with Shane because people aren't all that impressed by the betrayal of a kiss anymore. :shrug:

And when he rolled her over, I was like "that's what I'm talkin' about!" :banana:

Yeh, old skewl Digitial Underground grooves started going off in the back of my head....something about taxing and waxing and working it around... (shrug)

Edited by AGGIEZ

jasikanicole_150.jpg

twd19.jpg

The names Asprin on Fringe :makepoint:

No, it's not :makepoint:

She's awful on Fringe, though - I love the show, but her character is so bland she's almost transparent.

things i don't like:

lori being played as a complete whore

zombies climbing fences, using rocks

them bringing that racist dude with them on this trip in the first place

t-dog????? couldn't he have just been terrance or tyrus or something?

still, while i'd give the first episode an A, i'll give this episode an A-. at worst a B+.

In the comics, shortly after she leaves her wounded, comatose husband in a hospital she gets pregnant by his best friend / partner.

What is she then, an Angel? (shrug)

no, but it was written in the comic as if it happened after the apocalypse and after thinking maybe rick was gone. plus, she wasn't taking her ring off. anyone who's read the comic knows it's definitely more striking.

Also, I feel like every character aside from Glen and Rick that were in the episode were out of place. All of them seemed kind of like token stereotype characters and sadly also made Glen feel like one as well. You've got a Mexican, a dumb redneck piece of white trash (played well by Michael Rooker), a black man, a black woman, and Glen the Asian.

I love how people are so quick to throw around derogatory terms regarding white folk...but T-dog is just a 'black man'. He wasn't the shapest stick on the roof either. Modern society... meh

at least t-dog's character had heart, and a conscience. big difference in the way the two characters are played.

Also, I feel like every character aside from Glen and Rick that were in the episode were out of place. All of them seemed kind of like token stereotype characters and sadly also made Glen feel like one as well. You've got a Mexican, a dumb redneck piece of white trash (played well by Michael Rooker), a black man, a black woman, and Glen the Asian.

I love how people are so quick to throw around derogatory terms regarding white folk...but T-dog is just a 'black man'. He wasn't the shapest stick on the roof either. Modern society... meh

at least t-dog's character had heart, and a conscience. big difference in the way the two characters are played.

That's odd, he struck me as a massive puss. (shrug)

Finally got around to watching the first two episodes. Digging some of it and will stick around for the first six episodes.

Is T-Dog supposed to be Tyrese from the comics? If that's the case, that's the worst casting ever.

They have to make Morgan a bigger part of the show, right? I can't imagine them hiring a great actor only to use him in the opening show.

Finally got around to watching the first two episodes. Digging some of it and will stick around for the first six episodes.

Is T-Dog supposed to be Tyrese from the comics? If that's the case, that's the worst casting ever.

They have to make Morgan a bigger part of the show, right? I can't imagine them hiring a great actor only to use him in the opening show.

:wishluck:

One of my faves so far.

Rick, Morgan, Glen and Andrea make the show for me so far. The remainder need to be invited to a zombie feast.

Upon a second viewing I have decided that due to each live person being an individual that there can be some zombies who can attempt things like using rocks to smash glass and climbing fences. Obviously there will be those who will not be able to muster the ability to do so.

Will they shoot guns like Land of the Dead? :tonofbricks:

I sure hope this is not the case. It can't be Tyrese. Impossible.

Tyrese wasn't a puss. :sumo:

I sure hope this is not the case. It can't be Tyrese. Impossible.

Tyrese wasn't a puss. :sumo:

Kirkman said they are different characters.