• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Just my two cents.

In the comic Rick seemed more assured of himself than the television Rick at this time. Too at this point, Carl looks like a pre-teen versus the elementary school aged kid in the comic. I liked the roaming portion on the highway, felt really slow toward the end with the endless monologue in the church.

I can't imagine how hard it would be to have a 9 year old actor playing this part. The actor is 12 and I think it works.

I thought the church part was a little slow but they did set up more of the Shane/Andrea leaving possibility. I think with more episodes this year they can spend some more time developing characters like you would in the comic.

So what the F ever happened to Merle????????????????? Is that something that gets tied up or explained with the new episode? Have not seen it yet but will today.

:taptaptap:

What's the fun in spoiling it for you...

Watch the episode. :ohnoez:

So it is something that is addressed in this episode? Nope did not click on the spoiler tag, just wondered.

Click it. Do it. :baiting:

So what the F ever happened to Merle????????????????? Is that something that gets tied up or explained with the new episode? Have not seen it yet but will today.

Merle will be the governor. Perfect sociopath for it.

Merle will be the governor. Perfect sociopath for it.

Thats what I was thinking the other night. And hes already missing a hand.

Kirkman confirmed that Merle is NOT the governor at SDCC this year.

There is no reason to make him the Governor. Merle could come back this season and still be a force to be reckoned with, without the Governor title. 2c

My vote for the Governor is the actor Danny Trejo. (thumbs u

Capture-5.jpg

I wonder if Merle is the Governor's henchman* and gives the Governor the idea to lop off Rick's hand as revenge.

While I think Trejo looks a lot like the Governor, I think they need someone who doesn't look so menacing from the get go. I haven't thought much about it but there's ton's of actors who look innocent but can play bastards.

* I resisted the urge to call Merle the Governor's right-hand man.

according to IMDB, Merle has only appeared in 2 of the 19 episodes, so he appears to be a no show this season. Don't see anything for Michonne. This could be inaccurate but IMDB is pretty good from what I remember

and before you ask..I do have a crystal ball :sumo:

Season two ends like the 2nd tpb

Michonne enters third season around episode 3

Merel aka the governor enters towards the middle of season 3

end season 3 with them escaping the town of Woodbery

No way they ever cut Ricks hand off or do what happens to Michonne by the governor in the book.

No way they ever cut Ricks hand off or do what happens to Michonne by the governor in the book.

I thought Kirkman said he planned to run off in totally different directions from the comic, so that fans don't know what's going to happen next.

Merel Jerel aka the governor enters towards the middle of season 3

:grin:

Well since you only have one..be careful when you sit down.

I wonder who shot the deer?

It was one of Hershel's men, I think Otis (need to read my TPB again ;) ) In the previews for the next episode, they have Rick running up to the farm, and they ask if he was bit. Rick replies he was shot by one of his men.

I thought Kirkman said he planned to run off in totally different directions from the comic, so that fans don't know what's going to happen next.

Not totally. I believe the quote is different elements so comic readers are also surprised. Not an exact quote. lol

Comments inside:

My crystal ball sees them spliting the season into 2 parts. Taking a break inbetween. Just like LOST used to do. Maybe the 1st 1/2 ends with them finding the prison like you said, but I see the entire season going further.

I think we'll see her at the end of this season. Maybe the season finale as a cliffhanger.

I don't see the Govenor appearing until season 3 either, but it won't be Merle. Having him working with the Governor would be a cool idea, if they don't use him sooner.

I don't think they are afraid to do the Governor vs Michonne stuff. There are ways to do it off camera without it being graphic. But I totally see them keeping that to put the Governor over as a real monster threat.

Ricks hand may come down to budget issues. Being a TV show + all the budget rumors, I agree they may skip it.