• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

If you go to the original SW trilogy there's NOTHING to indicate that Vader is anything other than a heavy. He doesn't exhibit the least bit of humanity or caring until that last desperate act. All we have are a few words from Obi Wan about who he was.

Oh! Oh! I can think of one particular moment where Vader seemed to show at least a smidgen of humanity!

Can you guess what it was? :)

I have been trying to think of something in the original trilogy...not seeing it. hm

The moment I'm thinking of is in EMPIRE right after Vader gives the order to lower Han into the carbon-freezing unit.

Chewie starts to go crazy and Boba Fett raises his blaster to shoot him. Vader slams Fett's blaster back down.

(And of course it's followed up with Fett turning to give Vader a "What the hell is *your* problem?!" look.)

I thought he wanted his bargaining chips to lure Skywalker to cloud city to stay undamaged until he could spring the trap.

I don't know about that. Vader knew that Luke was already on his way to Cloud City. And even if Chewie were killed, and Luke knew it, he would still come to Cloud City to save Han and Leia.

I think Vader simply thought "There's no reason for the Wookie for to die. Solo will calm him down. I don't want anyone to die unless it's necessary."

If you go to the original SW trilogy there's NOTHING to indicate that Vader is anything other than a heavy. He doesn't exhibit the least bit of humanity or caring until that last desperate act. All we have are a few words from Obi Wan about who he was.

Oh! Oh! I can think of one particular moment where Vader seemed to show at least a smidgen of humanity!

Can you guess what it was? :)

I have been trying to think of something in the original trilogy...not seeing it. hm

The moment I'm thinking of is in EMPIRE right after Vader gives the order to lower Han into the carbon-freezing unit.

Chewie starts to go crazy and Boba Fett raises his blaster to shoot him. Vader slams Fett's blaster back down.

(And of course it's followed up with Fett turning to give Vader a "What the hell is *your* problem?!" look.)

I thought he wanted his bargaining chips to lure Skywalker to cloud city to stay undamaged until he could spring the trap.

I don't know about that. Vader knew that Luke was already on his way to Cloud City. And even if Chewie were killed, and Luke knew it, he would still come to Cloud City to save Han and Leia.

I think Vader simply thought "There's no reason for the Wookie for to die. Solo will calm him down. I don't want anyone to die unless it's necessary."

And who was standing right next to Chewie when he went nuts and started swinging?

Han and Leia.

Review_ChewbaccaCloudCityTSC_stillA.jpg

About 30 seconds in...

I don't think he had any love for Chewy, at all. lol

Norman Reedus is actually 43

That's surprised me.

Boondock Saints was filmed 13 or so years ago. Seems about right.

I'd never heard of Reedus before, he just doesn't look his age.