• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Episodes like this are the perfect example of why writers spend entire seasons setting up characters and storyline and developing character actions and interactions carefully so that what seems like a scene between two characters sitting across the table from one another can become more powerful than any all out battle scene.

+1

+ another 1

That was either the best episode of the entire series or the worst episode of the entire series. I was either balling my eyes out because it was a great episode or the worst tv I've ever seen. The verdict is still out for me. I'll have to watch that episode a few more times.

Talking Dead was pretty somber too. Not sure why they had comedian guests on last night's episode. I know WD is "just" a TV show but I thought under the circumstances of the episode, Talking Dead could have taken a night off from the comedic shtick. It appeared as if Melissa McBride (Carol) took the episode pretty hard. She gets placed in many complex scenes on this show. Tough scenes. But I think she's the best one to deliver all of the emotion. It's one thing to "kill" a zombie kid (Rick did it twice). It's quite another thing to kill a kid in cold blood (regardless of the situation). Not saying it wasn't the necessary thing to do but it's tough to watch and really placed a stamp on the tough world that these characters live in.

Meck

Talking Dead was pretty somber too. Not sure why they had comedian guests on last night's episode. I know WD is "just" a TV show but I thought under the circumstances of the episode, Talking Dead could have taken a night off from the comedic shtick. It appeared as if Melissa McBride (Carol) took the episode pretty hard. She gets placed in many complex scenes on this show. Tough scenes. But I think she's the best one to deliver all of the emotion. It's one thing to "kill" a zombie kid (Rick did it twice). It's quite another thing to kill a kid in cold blood (regardless of the situation). Not saying it wasn't the necessary thing to do but it's tough to watch and really placed a stamp on the tough world that these characters live in.

Meck

I thought it was a wreslter and "superfan" Yvette Nicole Brown who is also an actress. She knows more about the show than most comic fans. She gets all the way into it.

Frankly, you need a little comedy to pull people out of how dark that episode was. I get that people get vested in the characters but I view these Talking Dead Eps as an intervention to break the narrative grip.

My bad! I missed the first 5 minutes of Talking Dead so I did not see the introductions of the guests. I just assumed they were comedians. Anyway, I also agree with you that TD breaks the "doom and gloom" of the WD episodes, but just this once I was hoping they would treat this particular one with a bit more respect. Had the two girls been killed by zombies instead, I could see TD showing some comedic light-heartedness, BUT this episode wasn't about zombies killing the living. It was about the living killing the living and unfortunately it involved children. Very heavy stuff. This was even a full notch tougher than when Lori died. It will be tough to match this episode for sheer emotion.

Carl