• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

And also why didn't Daryl tell Rick that Beth was kidnapped?

I thought he did? ??? I thought he said she was taken?

I was wondering that too. Rick asked if she was dead and Daryl just said something like "she's just gone"

Yes he said that, she's gone.

Also when Rick and Co. where running around the complex, did anyone else hear "others" banging on the containers yelling help?

Definitely. I think that coupled with the evaporated milk containers gave definitive answers that they are herding people to eat. So there is no question that these are the Hunters. That others were led into the spider's web/trap and are being kept alive to eat just as Rick and Co. are now facing the same fate.

Otherwise it could be argued that they just attacked Rick and co. because Rick drew a gun on them. They wanted to illustrate that this was a trap that was done before.

Terrific metaphor of traps being set and sprung to catch food earlier in the episode with Rick teaching Carl about animal traps. :eek:

They said Termiteville had been there since the beginning. Hard to imagine that it was never found by the Guv or Rick before this, especially with all the signs and radio broadcasts, someone in Woodbury would have brought it up that they've heard the broadcast or seen the signs.

Oh and the quick ending to Daryl's group was weak. :P

Daryl's group was a means to an end, as it pertains to a storytelling end that is.

They existed as a vehicle to set up a dichotomy between people who are simply "hard" and people are "good" but can be harder than the hardest when pushed.

They were included, exclusively, to allow for the transformation of Rick into something far more dangerous, capable, and confident than he's ever been before.

The episodes work so much better if you think of the concepts instead of "how many shots were fired?", or "when do they poop?" kinds of questions. The narrative is incredible powerful when you look for the forest instead of the trees.

For example. The way Rick killed Dan...the guy who was trying to rape Carl...he did with his knife to Dan what Dan was trying to do to Carl with his dong. Well put together show and storytelling.

Very good analogy Chris. But I already knew he was a beast when he stuck that machete in the prisoners head.

Maybe Rick's the one that forgot the beast was in there. lol

I thought they walked the perimeter of Terminus and watched for awhile before hoping the fence and entering. Then how did all those people pop up on the other side of the fence with rifles? I don't think Tyress, Carol and Judith have made it to Terminus yet and they maybe key players in getting them out of the boxcar/Terminus.

If the Hunters' goal is to get people into their complex, then they would probably want it to seem as open and innocuous as possible, i.e unguarded and unlocked (like how Glen and co found it). Once the prey is inside, then they probably signal their people to surround the perimeter so no one can escape.

They said Termiteville had been there since the beginning. Hard to imagine that it was never found by the Guv or Rick before this, especially with all the signs and radio broadcasts, someone in Woodbury would have brought it up that they've heard the broadcast or seen the signs.

Oh and the quick ending to Daryl's group was weak. :P

Daryl's group was a means to an end, as it pertains to a storytelling end that is.

They existed as a vehicle to set up a dichotomy between people who are simply "hard" and people are "good" but can be harder than the hardest when pushed.

They were included, exclusively, to allow for the transformation of Rick into something far more dangerous, capable, and confident than he's ever been before.

The episodes work so much better if you think of the concepts instead of "how many shots were fired?", or "when do they poop?" kinds of questions. The narrative is incredible powerful when you look for the forest instead of the trees.

For example. The way Rick killed Dan...the guy who was trying to rape Carl...he did with his knife to Dan what Dan was trying to do to Carl with his dong. Well put together show and storytelling.

Very good analogy Chris. But I already knew he was a beast when he stuck that machete in the prisoners head.

Maybe Rick's the one that forgot the beast was in there. lol

Rick knew all along, he just needed Hershal to bring him back a little. Just like what was talked about on TD. He can do both, be compassionate and deadly. Love it!! That's I love Rick and he can't die. :cry:

Daryl may not be for sure if she was kidnapped or just ran away.

I feel like the group was a little too trusting to terminus. After all they have been through, they did not seem to be to vigilant before entering. A place that was that open would worry more than a place surrounded by gunmen.

I liked this season and am confident that they will continue to keep the show an exciting companion to the comics, while being its own storyline too.

Many of you complained that this season felt stretched or slow, but I liked the wide open feel it had, being cooped up in the prison was such a drag! Each week was a different location, and while it was weird that we only saw a few characters a week, it lead, as many have stated, to deeper character development.

oh and please, no more LOST comparisons! I lost too many hours invested in what ended up being a copout slap in the face ending! yeeccch

predictions from me are that Terminus lasts most of next half season, a few are killed (maybe Glenn a la Negan) then signs of Alexandria type places, and sooner of later, Negan. But the TV show must lag behind the comics so maybe the year after that, we finally get to ALL Out War while the comic is doing whatever Kirkman has planned for issues 150 and beyond.

This gave season 1 a nice run for best season, IMO.

I agree. I can't figure out why everyone didn't like this season. I appreciated the character development. (shrug)

Me too. Michonne went from being a character with no speaking parts, that many of my friends felt was useless, to one of their favorite characters. The same can be said for Hershel. His death was so much more hard to watch after the well-rounded development of his character this season.

So many people miss that looking for mindless zombie action.

You need to be made to care about characters in a sincere way. The more effective they are in creating that care the more effective the narrative when they place that character in danger or that character meets their end.

Reading back through some of this thread this is something that I can relate to. I really like Michonne in the TV series, possibly more so than in the comic as there is a fun side of the character which surfaces from time to time ... And to be honest the majority of the quiet time spent on characters and their development has been good. There really isn't much more they can do with the zombie threat so it hardly deserves to be the actual focus most of the time.

Spoilers coming regarding the final scene:

Where were eugene and rosita?

They were all there....one of them even spoke directly to Rick.

Rosita was there....Trust me, I never miss her when she is on screen. ;)

Really.... ??? Don't get where you are.... Oh no wait. Carry on as you were.

Errrm...

Anyway, have caught up now. Loved how they blended #57 / #58 into that. Shame that #59 might not make an appearance, but who knows. I got the feeling that the herd encounter was dealt with a couple of seasons ago anyway I guess.

All the little hints that were happening were nice little touches. Wasn't so in love with the ending, felt more mid-season than end of season.