• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highgradecomics.com Baltimore Show report

69 posts in this topic

lol, I'm crying right now while begging my wife for sex

That isn't so bad, it's when she requires additional ID & references that it starts to get humiliating.

Or when you cry during.

lol, I'm crying right now while begging my wife for sex

That isn't so bad, it's when she requires additional ID & references that it starts to get humiliating.

Or when you cry during.

That's poor form?

Whoops....

A guy goes fishing every Saturday morning. He gets up early and eager, makes his lunch, hooks up his boat and off he goes, all day long.

Well, one Saturday morning he gets up early, dresses quietly, gets his lunch made, puts on his long johns, grabs the dog and goes to the garage to hook up his boat to the truck and down the driveway he goes.

As he is coming out of his garage rain is pouring down; it is like a torrential downpour. There is snow mixed in with the rain, and the wind is blowing 50 mph. Minutes later, he returns to the garage.

He comes back into the house and turns the TV to the weather channel. He finds it's going to be bad weather all day long, so he puts his boat back in the garage, quietly undresses and slips back into bed.

There he cuddles up to his wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispers,"The weather out there is terrible."

To which she sleepily replies, "Can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"

Dear Bob:

It wasn't the writing down of my address that made me so uncomfortable. It was the repeated questioning trying to find out exactly when I would be home or what my favorite flowers were. I was concerned when you asked explicitly about whether I have a dog or a security system installed. But the kicker was when you asked whether I shared your conviction that we were meant to be together.

Please pardon my finger wagging, but I was a little freaked out.

Signed,

Maybe There's Still a Chance for Us

PS - Call me.

Since it was mentioned.... I have to ask.

How many comic book dealers are using handhelds (like the iPhone, Blackberry or Droid) to swipe credit cards?

And would that increase sales?

How many comic book dealers are using handhelds (like the iPhone, Blackberry or Droid) to swipe credit cards?

I for one would like to know what this costs

Regardless of whether I use a handheld or not I'm taking down customer information.

The Bad cards I was given in Toronto were good at the time I processed them.

What information would I have if I didn't write anything down?

Customer service? You contact me after two months after the show and I don't remember you?

Merchants have very little protection, frankly I laughed when somebody told me I should fingerprint them.

Bob

And why was this not brought to the attention of the other "families" at the show??

:grin:

Probably because the Long Island family and Brooklyn family are on the outs right now :shy:

The Don is trying to decide if we seek revenge or live with restitution/compensation for the shame that has been brought on "our" family.

Jim

Is it true? Do you need to get laid?

This sounds like an offer to me, Bob. I would be wary next time you're in the same room as this dude

I for one would like to know what this costs

With https://squareup.com/features (SquareUp), it seems to be like Paypal...

Card-present (swiped) rate 2.75% + 15¢

Card-not-present (keyed-in) rate 3.5% + 15¢

Otherwise, there seems to be no costs.

(I haven't used it but it's intriguing.)

True, documentation that the card is not stolen seems to be lacking... but I'm not sure how you could verify it in person anyway. They want to pay by CC, you ask them to write down their info. They write down a fake address (or the actual billing address) and they walk away with the comic.

-Shin

I was assisting Bob and witnessed everything. I can testify that Bob almost had him like this:

homer_choking_bart.jpg

Lucky Godfather Bob kept his cool. Otherwise, I'd have to run his booth for him. No one messes with the Storm-bino crime family.. nobody.

Hi Bob! :hi:

-----Original Message-----

To: Rcsblazing

Sent: Mon, Aug 30, 2010 3:45 pm

Subject: Re: Baltimore show

Sorry to hear this happened Bob. Unfortunately, this is to be expected when dealing in customer service. Most people are cool and then there are the exceptions are who ruin it for everyone.

With this said, looking at your original post you gave the guys name and email address...

Perhaps we can all drop Mr. Kopko an email letting him know how respected Bob is and why his email isn't appreciated? hm

Phooey! I happen to know "Gentle Bob" quite well and he would never resort to physical violence toward his fellow man. Who cares if he's been known to rip the wings off some flies or set the occasional stray cat on fire? Bob is a cool, calm and collected gentleman with the tolerance level of a saint. :baiting:

Here is the highlight of the weekend.

The glamour of the Comic Dealing business.

Make sure to add this name to your favorite buyers list.

Wow! You need to get laid. Do not contact me again, loser.

Sincerly,

The one who made you cry.

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Rcsblazing wrote:

I would like to follow up with your behavior at my booth this past weekend.

I did not appreciate you pointing your finger in my face and calling me a over writing down your Name/address and credit card information.

I do this with all of my customers at shows, it's for their protection as well as mine. My computer was on, I could have pointed out that your address on file did not match my database records. I like to keep my information up to date when working with customers. If you ordered a book from my website and I mailed it to the wrong address would you blame me for that to?

I call in my credit card transactions and as I've stated I've had two transactions of identity theft this year at shows. Having more information and not less is very important to the person that had their identity stolen.

You've bought one book, a AS #129 in VF for $275 in March of 2008 from my website. I meet a lot of people since I do a lot of shows. It's not like we've done a lot of business together.

I have your address on file so frankly you getting pissed off was clearly not called for.

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

Bob, you ask for this information to protect yourself. If this big spender

was in your shoes he would do the same.

I was assisting Bob and witnessed everything. I can testify that Bob almost had him like this:

homer_choking_bart.jpg

Lucky Godfather Bob kept his cool. Otherwise, I'd have to run his booth for him. No one messes with the Storm-bino crime family.. nobody.

Hi Bob! :hi:

You were on loan from my family up to Bob. Obviously when New York makes a call, I must respond.

Here is the highlight of the weekend.

The glamour of the Comic Dealing business.

Make sure to add this name to your favorite buyers list.

Wow! You need to get laid. Do not contact me again, loser.

Sincerly,

The one who made you cry.

I would have just deleted this, he can't spell "sincerely", so obviously he is not "sincere"

I'll be back...trying to find my pictures of adorable smiling Bob to post now....