• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For me this is my Action 1 holy grail.

24 posts in this topic

For me my holy grail is a video game. The game being Atlantis II. It was the first video game ever awarded to contestants way back in 1982. I am very lucky to have it in my possession. Now that being said an Action #1 CGC 0.5 is worth more than this. Heck I will be real honest just the cover wrap to Action #1 is worth more than this. But none the less it is still my grail, and if someone were to offer me an unrestored VG Action #1 I would politely refuse, even though that comic is worth at least 50 times more than my video game. Well I decided to finally make a video of the game. If you check it out, thanks for looking. I don't think I will make any other posts like this. Just wanted to show off my prize possession! :grin:

For me my holy grail is a video game. The game being Atlantis II. It was the first video game ever awarded to contestants way back in 1982. I am very lucky to have it in my possession. Now that being said an Action #1 CGC 0.5 is worth more than this. Heck I will be real honest just the cover wrap to Action #1 is worth more than this. But none the less it is still my grail, and if someone were to offer me an unrestored VG Action #1 I would politely refuse, even though that comic is worth at least 50 times more than my video game. Well I decided to finally make a video of the game. If you check it out, thanks for looking. I don't think I will make any other posts like this. Just wanted to show off my prize possession! :grin:

You wouldn't take a VG Action #1 for this game and then sell the Action #1 and buy back another copy of this game and have tons of cash left over?

You wouldn't take a VG Action #1 for this game and then sell the Action #1 and buy back another copy of this game and have tons of cash left over?

It is too dang rare to do that. Especially with all the documentation that comes with it. The only analogy I could give with comic collecting is the Motion Pictures Funnies Weekly #1. Sure enough the comic is not even close to value to an Action Comic #1, but it is insanely hard to get a hold of none the less.

Thought the video would be of you playing the game

congrats

I have no idea about the game market but I do have a box of atari 2600 games and console from when I was a kid. Probably 50 games in there, many with boxes and paperwork, but unlikely to be worth anything. My son asked if I could pull them out so he could try the system.

Maybe later....

I think I've got one of these. Let me double check. But I don't see on the video where the number 2 or II appears in the title of the game.

you no doubt have an atlantis (1). 2 is the competition version of the same game.

I think I've got one of these. Let me double check. But I don't see on the video where the number 2 or II appears in the title of the game.

you no doubt have an atlantis (1). 2 is the competition version of the same game.

But both cartridges are labeled "Atlantis" ?

But both cartridges are labeled "Atlantis" ?

Have you really thought your question through? Please.

Thought the video would be of you playing the game

congrats

I have no idea about the game market but I do have a box of atari 2600 games and console from when I was a kid. Probably 50 games in there, many with boxes and paperwork, but unlikely to be worth anything. My son asked if I could pull them out so he could try the system.

Maybe later....

You might be sitting on an Atari Goldmine! Tech 27 and Action 1 here you come!